Pre-sale questions - Will this work for us?

jendychicago

Question

I'm looking for a new online booking/payment solution for our limo/black car service website, http://www.jendychicago.com

Currently, I use Joomla/Virtuemart 2.

I need the following workflow ...

1.) Customer selects CAR or SUV (SUV additional charge)

2.( Customer selects one-way or round-trip (round-trip additional charge)

3.) Customer selects number of passengers

4.( Customer selects DATE and TIME of pickup (if our fleet is booked for their selected date and time, i need to be able to "blackout" or show that the date/time is not available

5.) Customer enters location of pickup, destination of drop off, airline information and misc. comments

6.( Customer enters return trip location information if it's round-trip

7.) Customer enters promotional code to receive discount if they have one

8.( Customer pays for service via credit card/authorize.net gateway

You can see our current workflow at http://www.jendychicago.com ... the biggest problem I have with Joomla right now is that I'm using the Billing/Shipping Customer Details for location/time/airline information and it's confusing to some customers.

I'm looking to make our online booking process as easy and clear as possible. I really like the "steps/configurable options" that I see is available with this solution.

Any experts or people out there that can take a look at my current setup website setup and the above listed needs to verify if WHMCS is a good solution for me?

I appreciate your time!

Edited by jendychicago

1 answer to this question

Nice to see you are interested in WHMCS for your needs, email me (in signature) if you need any help getting set up :).

1) Yes you can either set 2 products or set configurable options to charge extra for SUV

2 & 3) Can be set with a configurable options

4) I don't believe this is currently possible, though I'm sure some custom development from ModulesGarden or another company would be able to get this done

5) You can set configurable options / custom fields for all the questions / information you want

6) You can set the field in the order from just don't believe you can have it by default so if not round trip hide field otherwise if round trip show this field - maybe ask ModulesGarden for custom development to see if they can do this, should be easy enough though

7) Yes this can be setup :) - WHMCS has an coupon system in the admin area allowing you to give out coupons / discounts which the customer can use during signup

8 WHMCS has a module for Authorize.net gateway which can be used for credit / debit cards

Generally WHMCS is very flexible in terms of design & being able to develop it further via modules and such. I can't really see a problem with WHMCS and your business model / your requirements, it may require 1 - 2 tweaks here and there though the majority can be done via configurable options / custom fields - anything else that is not needed can easily be taken out with the templates.

One advantage I can see with you moving to WHMCS is the support ticket & billing system all being built in in one organized solution.

Edited by Alex - Arvixe