Mass mail syntax error

niels

When trying to use the Preview button in Mass Mail it shows me a syntax error, even if the mail is empty.

Syntax Error - Please check your email message for invalid template syntax or missing closing tags

If I ignore the error and send the Mass Mail anyway, it claims to be sending all the e-mails but it really isn't. E-mail sent from other parts of the system (tickets, automated e-mail, etc.) works fine. This includes customized e-mails. templates_c is world writable.

The frustrating part is that non of the logs show any error (or any activity) related to mass mail whatsoever.

I'm assuming the syntax error is the root cause. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? Is there anything that mass mail does differently from all the other mail functions?

UPDATE:

Using strace I noticed that WHMCS inserts the Mass Mail Template without specifying a language. This causes the language to be NULL. It then later tries to retrieve the Mass Mail Template using lang=''. Of course for MySQL '' is not the same as NULL, so it fails to retrieve the template.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the same issue. It is not irrelevant for "tblemailtemplates". You just need to leave the language column blank for all clients at "tblclients". After that, you can preview the mail without error.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the same issue. It not irrelevant for "tblemailtemplates". You just need to leave the language column blank for all clients at "tblclients". After that, you can preview the mail without error.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the same issue. It is irrelevant for "tblemailtemplates". You just need to leave the language column blank for all clients at "tblclients". After that, you can preview the mail without error.

• 1 month later...