Getting this - Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in.. gatewayfunction

jols

We updated from 5.1.2 to 5.1.4 yesterday just as soon as we received the security notice from WHMCS.

Afterward, for the next 14 hours everything went fine. All new CCs were being successfully processed, etc. Now suddenly any change to CC info, or any input of new CC info, produces this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/####/public_html/####/####/includes/gatewayfunctions.php on line 0

(I've intentionally hashed out our directory path for this post.)

After investigating for hours I still can not resolve this issue. Any new account info requiring a CC update results in the above error.

Here's what I've done so far, after revealing the page error per the WHMCS and php.ini config change:

-- Allocated more memory for the PHP processes.

-- Restored the entire WHMCS directory from last night's backup (but did not restore the database).

-- Ran a cursory scan for exploits.

-- Carefully checked the configuration.php file for extra spaces, etc.

-- Re-input our on-line merchant key (Authorize.net).

Still we get the same error.

NOTE: The first error we encountered before doing all the above was interesting, it was this:

Smarty Error: unable to read resource:

"/home/####/public_html/#####/#####/templates/default/homepage.tpl"

When I checked, I found that the homepage.tpl had been deleted, and of course not by any of us here. But again, this file was easy to replace, and we have now replaced all files from last nights backup.

I am complete baffled by this. Any help? Anyone?

I've got the same exact 2 errors (different template, same "unable to read resource" though) as well as "invalid token" errors all over the place. We're on an older version, and this started when the recent security patch was put in place (2 days ago).

More importantly, checking my billing gateway log we apparently haven't had a successful cc transaction since 2 days ago! I'm going to have to roll back these changes....