Part payments

kenwardc

Hi there

I have a customer who is way behind on payment of his account and has now asked if we would allow him to part pay invoices. I would like to be able to accommodate him because he is a long standing customer but I don't want to have much in the way of hassle breaking up invoices, etc.

Is there a way to allow him to part pay? Let's say he wants to pay 1 invoice in full and another only half the amount owing. Hoping there is a way to do this. All help appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

What you could do is bundle up all the invoices that are due together and then set the due date to an agreed date (where they would have paid everything in full eventually).

For every payment they make go to that invoice and click "Add Payment", here you can input the transaction ID etc.. of that payment to keep everything easy for you to see.

Alternatively you could do the same: bundle up all the invoices, set the due date to a final date where the client would have everything paid in full and then have the client "Add Funds" as mentioned above. Set the option to automatically charge funds and by the next cron job those credits should be applied to the invoice gradually bringing it down.

Edited by Alex - Arvixe

I have this issue occasionally and the solution I've settled on is bundle the unpaid invoices into 1 invoice which the client can then just pay off on an instalment plan. Having only 1 invoice makes it easier to administer and only sends 1 set of 'unpaid invoice' reminders and so on so the customer doesn't feel bombarded with lots of notifications (hopefully just enough to encourage payment soon!)

Hope this helps