How to add searchable DB interface as a product

blrdan

Hello I am I newbie to WHMCS, hopefully someone can point me in the correct direction.

I want to sell an informational product via WMCS on a subscription basis. After a customer has paid, the customer should be granted access to an interface which allows them to search the information which I am selling them.

I have the information stored in a mysql DB, and I plan to write the search interface in PHP however I'm not sure how to tie this into the post-purchase process and how to grant access only to paid users.

In addition I envision different products allowing access to different information, so Id need a know which product someone paid for and display the appropriate data.

I suspect this will involve templates & hooks but I'm not really sure where to start. Any guidance and/or example code would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

It's not so complicated and you have several options. For example create a client group named "You can search" then run the ShoppingCartCheckoutCompletePage hook to add the user to that group. Finally do something like this for your script:

if($clientgroup=="You can search")
{
    // your script goes here
}

If your script is not based on WHMCS you could make it with licensing addon. When the user pays he gets a license key and now he can use your queries. Well as i said there are multiple ways... even with a custom module.