Support Ticket Reports

jclanin

Hi all,

It seems the Reporting function in WHMCS is very limited. I would like to know if there is a way to create a detailed report on support ticket requests from clients over a period of time. We log details of support tickets and it would be great to be able to create a report or CSV download showing these details so we understand what client's are the statistical outliers for support requests over time.

thanks!

Jim C

Hello Jim,

You can create your own reports using the custom reports function here:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Reports

All of the reports are open source, so you can use existing ones as references to build your own. We have a blog that showcases the usage of creating custom reports as well: http://blog.whmcs.com/developers.php?t=66223

We'll probably want to create more detailed reports for Support in the future, but right now I just need to create one that shows Support Tickets by Client. I assume that would be fairly simple? Can you point me in the right direction do do this?

thanks!

Jim

Jim,

Can you clarify if you need this to show ticket counts PER customer, or customer vs non-customer support tickets?

Also, is this specifically for the support queue or all tickets in general?

Please be advised that with a large amount of clients this report may slow the database as it's being queried for the output.

We have our client's send support tickets via email which get routed into WHMCS. If the email address is recognized it automatically is assigned to that client. If not and it is a valid request we will assign it to the client. In both cases we work through the support ticket from Open to Closed status.

So, we would like to create a report that allows us to see the number of support requests/tickets by client.

I hope that makes sense.

thanks,

Jim