Custom service page.

georgespcrepair

I'm breaking ground on offering online backup SFTP solutions to my customers. I would like the billing, and authentication to be done with WHMCS. I do understand that there is a custom page tutorial but I am somewhat confused on how it works, so here is my questions.

1. Like the clientarea.php pages for say a cPanel shared hosting account, inside the View Details page is link to Login to cPanel, and Login to WebMail - I was wondering if there was a method for creating a page similar to that, that the View Details link could be pointed to.. then I could just create the custom page with my SFTP scripts integrated into it.

2. Or - should I just try to capture the WHMCS session, create a custom page for all my scripts, and just have the registration and billing handled my WHMCS with a Other Product/Service title, and provide the extra support and communication that goes with logging in / using the FTP system without the WHMCS Client Area.

Your thoughts, thank you in advance for all the experienced minds here and your replies.

The cPanel module is encoded and designed to integrate with cPanel. You can't simply rename it and expect for it to function any differently; actually, it will break. You need to develop, or have developed, a custom module for whatever your specific needs are; assuming, of course, that one doesn't already exist.

I dont lack the skills to develop a module but it would be a huge .. well waste to have something so close - the cpanel module - and not be able to integrate it. I suppose I could commit the Other/Product Service to the FTP use, then I could alter the clientarea template for the module to recognize the product type as other, then show my FTP script as a result, similar to the shared and reseller hosting variables, right ?