3.2.3 Open new support ticket does not send email to client

View client summary

Click open new support ticket

Type in subject and content, then click 'Open Ticket'

A ticket is opened, but no email is sent to the client, nor does it appear in their email log.

Try sending out a welcome email. I bet that doesnt work either. Like adam already stated, its an issue with your mail settings. You shouldnt even be using phpmail, use smtp.

If you have your box setup correctly, either should be just fine.

There are some minor differences in phpmail() and SMTP. If you are on a shared box and phpmail is sending out as the apache nobody user, it can cause some problems on remote mail systems, resulting in the message not being accepted or greylisted (in the case of many large free email companies). SMTP, of course, connects to a mail server and sends using the username you provide. Of course that in itself will not prevent greylisting or 100% acceptance by remote mail systems.

Thanks trine. What I don't understand is that all this was working fine before we upgraded, and now it isn't.

Can anyone else confirm that they are running this version and it's all working fine using php mail? If so, then I guess the issue is at our end.

We have moved to smtp mail, and everything works now.

And we don't get the 10 autoresponder replies either that we used to get if the email was spam.

I don't know why and don't care, just happy it has fixed 2 problems at once really.