Licensing addon, allow x number of concurrent installations

anglian

Thank you both for your answers.

i guess yes.., you can restrict ip+domain+folder, so there is only one installation.

Sure, but that only allows to control one or unlimited installations on one license key, there is nowhere to allow a client to install, for example, 5 instances of a script with one license key.

You can use CSV (i.e. "1.2.3.4,5.6.7.8,9.10.11.12,13.14.15.16") to specify multiple valid values.

How would this work to allow for example 5 or 10 installations from 1 license key?

Thanks again

How would this work to allow for example 5 or 10 installations from 1 license key?

Let assume that you wanted to allow it to run at all of the following:

• a.example.net (1.2.3.4)

• b.example.net (5.6.7.8)

• c.example.net (9.0.1.2)

Given that, you'd set as below:

• Valid Domains

• a.example.net,www.a.example.net,b.example.net,www.b.example.net,c.example.net,www.c.example.net

[*]Valid IPs

Edited by WHMCS JamesX

Hi James,

So it would only work on the basis that I know where the client would want to install beforehand, which I would not necessarily know.

I sell a script that my clients resell, so they buy in blocks of 5 or 10, currently using SPBAS I can set the number if license instances, so when a script is installed it checks with the license server and if there are, for example, less than 5 licenses already issued it will license the installation recording IP, domain & path and issues a local key.

Whilst I can continue to use SPBAS for this, it would be nice to put everything under WHMCS