invoices troubles

bill

for several months everything was running smoothly, when this morning all of a sudden 16 invoices were created and sent to our clients, that were for due domains, but some of these domains arent even with us. others had just paid a month or two ago.

how can this happen and where would i look to find the problem.

all incorrect invoices are for domain renewals, there are no hosting invoices.

i dont want to delete the invoices and domains, as this may happen again.

please help

check the renewal dates under the clients domains.

Also there should be a box on the dashboard showing upcoming renewals, so if you checked the dashboard over the past week, you may have been able to see the upcoming renewals.

(unless there is some other issue)

thnx Generic,

unfortunately i didnt.

Is there a log file which holds information on when a specific client ordered a domain.

I want to know if the system some how (which i dont think so) just added a domain to a client

also just another question, why does a order automatically become a client, when they havent been accepted as a client, and if so why doesnt the system delete the client autmatically when you set the order as fraud.

thnx again

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Bill,

I've had a look at your system and it has invoiced for domains you have in the system and nothing else. It's just invoiced customers as it should do on the due date so not sure what the problem is. Maybe you didn't mean to add their domains to the system? Looks like they've been imported from another script. Did you use one of the importers?

Matt

thanx for the reply Matt.

I did import some clients, and yes i guess its possible that somehow the domains were created aswell on importing.

Also, I get strange things happening like just today when i was emailing clients to inform about incorrect invoices, on the view domain page (clientsdomains.php) of each client, i select send new message and when the page reloads the 'email to' field has a different client name to the previous page... i have a feeling somethings not right in the db...Matt is there a way to do a check on db corruption or mismatch.

hope that makes sense

cheers

bill