Customized login required downloads

PPH

I would like to customize the page displayed when a non client tries to download a file from the downloads area marked as clients only. The dl.php file is encrypted and I don't see where a .tpl file is called for this error.

Is it possible to customize this error page?

just do it in the templates with {if $loggedin}show this {else}show that{/if}

I guess that would work to keep them from being able to see the downloads on the downloads page. I was wanting to customize what is displayed when they click a link to download a file that is no available to them.

Currently they are directed to where dl.php?type=d&id=1 is displayed in the address bar and a page with white background which states "Access Denied - You must be logged in to download this file"

Maybe I am missing something, but I couldn't find where this page is referenced.

just do it in the templates with {if $loggedin}show this {else}show that{/if}

I guess that would work to keep them from being able to see the downloads on the downloads page. I was wanting to customize what is displayed when they click a link to download a file that is no available to them.

Currently they are directed to where dl.php?type=d&id=1 is displayed in the address bar and a page with white background which states "Access Denied - You must be logged in to download this file"

Maybe I am missing something, but I couldn't find where this page is referenced.

I dont understand what your thinking. The logic can be used to show whatever you want, just like you asked. Doesnt have to directly be involved with if the person can download or not.

OK I will put some more effort into it when I have time to learn. I understood it was an error output, but apparently not enough. I would have liked to have this error output inserted on the download page or as a small pop up window to display the error.

OK I will put some more effort into it when I have time to learn. I understood it was an error output, but apparently not enough. I would have liked to have this error output inserted on the download page or as a small pop up window to display the error.

again, you can use the logic i gave you to do just that. Come on, think about it. What your wanting to do is very easy.

No, it's not a page, just an error output.

Cant this error output be customized in the language file? Its part of the client area and would need to be changed based on language, right?

I wasn't able to find it in the language file when I was going through files searching for the string :(

No, it's not a page, just an error output.

Cant this error output be customized in the language file? Its part of the client area and would need to be changed based on language, right?

I wasn't able to find it in the language file when I was going through files searching for the string :(

it was a guess/assumption, i guess i was wrong. As far as the logic though, just tell me exactly what you want and i will show you how it can be done.

it was a guess/assumption, i guess i was wrong. As far as the logic though, just tell me exactly what you want and i will show you how it can be done.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated. I quess I really should learn more about php ;)

I wanted to either have an error box open stating that the download is available for clients only.

Or the error to be displayed in a line at the top of the download page where it could be highlighted in red :)

I just don't like it opening the browser window, all white with the error and the only option would be to hit back to return to the support center.

• 4 months later...
Thanks, any help would be appreciated. I quess I really should learn more about php ;)

I wanted to either have an error box open stating that the download is available for clients only.

Or the error to be displayed in a line at the top of the download page where it could be highlighted in red :)

I just don't like it opening the browser window, all white with the error and the only option would be to hit back to return to the support center.

I'd like to have the error output showing that way too. The way it is now it just opens on a blank page in English, many people won't understand what's writen and there's no back button. It would be easier to have it showing on a red box or with red letters and the string on the language file so it could be translated.

Can it be done, Matt? Please??