Custom index/storefront

williamclair23

Hello,

I've got a quick question.

What I would like to do is create a completly customized home page. So instead of the main website page being the portal home I'd like to make a custom page with astetics in mind. I don't want the portal to be my home, I'd like to show some of my plans on the home and have other selling points. My question is, how is everyone doing this. I don't see much of a reason to install a whole new system (Jomla or other CMS) as I only have a few things I need on the pages and they all will ultimatly link back to WHMCS for order processing and client area.

So do I do it in just a basic HTML pages and add my own menu

Or Build it into WHMCS manually

Or Joomla or wordpress even?

Thanks

Rob

Hi

If you want to share the same header and footer as whmcs then edit homepage.tpl though if using the portal style that will also show the sidebar from the portal theme (though there are ways around this - or you can use the default style with no sidebar). Or make your own complete page using html and you can name it index.php and replace the index in whmcs.

If you want to use joomla or wordpress you can do that too and have whmcs in a subdirectory.

Hi

If you want to share the same header and footer as whmcs then edit homepage.tpl though if using the portal style that will also show the sidebar from the portal theme (though there are ways around this - or you can use the default style with no sidebar). Or make your own complete page using html and you can name it index.php and replace the index in whmcs.

If you want to use joomla or wordpress you can do that too and have whmcs in a subdirectory.

Yea that's what I figured I would do.. The goal here is just a nice looking home page for the hosting company. Basically just a nice entry point for customers. I really am still trying to figure out how WHMCS isn't capiable of doing this already. It just seems weird for the default to be the portal, being that it's not where most web hosts indexes default to. I'll most likely create an outside page for most of the pages I need and then just link directly in. I don't currently see a need for Joomla or Wordpress and then add in integration time and headach...

Another question. If I replace the index.php page, what does that remove, just the portal. I'd still liked users to find the portal, just not on the main page and like you said if I replaced the index.php is their posibly a way to add more pages into whmcs directly and stil carry whatever header and footer templates I design?

Thanks for your help

Rob