Problems with ordering domains only

kanjigirl

I just upgraded to 3.22... On my domainchecker page, when someone chooses an available name and tries to register it, on submit it just comes back to the domainchecker page...

Also, on the order page if I click on 'Order domain registration only' it reloads the order page. Where should these links be pointing? Have I missed some setting in the admin site? I do have 'allow clients to register domains' ticked.

When I went to your site and added whmcs I got a

License key validation failed. Please contact support.

Never seen that before in the client area side? Is that your install and is a paid license. I sure hope this isn't the way WHMCS treats license issues now :shock:

joe123, I didn't completely write over the templates because I'd customized them quite a bit. But I fixed the link on the order page, working fine now.

However, on the domain checker page, the form points here on 3.22 and on my old version:

form action="{if $systemsslurl}{$systemsslurl}/{/if}order.php?order=domains"

If I change that so the last part is "order.php?step=2&domainonly=true"

that still doesn't work, the page just reloads. Any suggestions?

It is always best to add your changes to the new .tpl files rather than to try to copy changes from the new version into yours. Just my opinion, but I always start with a copy of the new templates and try to merge my custom changes to them :)

joe123, I didn't completely write over the templates because I'd customized them quite a bit. But I fixed the link on the order page, working fine now.

However, on the domain checker page, the form points here on 3.22 and on my old version:

form action="{if $systemsslurl}{$systemsslurl}/{/if}order.php?order=domains"

If I change that so the last part is "order.php?step=2&domainonly=true"

that still doesn't work, the page just reloads. Any suggestions?

Leave this as it is , and in your order-steptwo.tpl move this line to the top of the page <form method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?step=3">

this might fix your problem , you made few changes there

I got it working. I went back and started with the new domainchecker.tpl, added my styles in, and now it's pointing to order.php, but it doesn't keep the domain name the user chose (it's not carrying over from domainchecker to the domain order form in step 2). Is it supposed to do that, or is there a way to save that info so the user doesn't have to type it in again two pages later?