Can't change password for cPanel login

Boss

I'm running version 3.22 of WHMCS

I have 3 servers.

One of them I am slowing moving customers off and shifting another.

WHMcs allows me to do the setup change easily, but just selecting the new server in hosting package and then selecting Create.

This all works well, except for the newly created package password on the new server.

By default a password like this: "4589bbb3af20041a48993658dc1ad090:9e" is created as soon as you select the new server.

Changing the password before creation does not work it defaults back to the long string, (above) and despite repeated attempts to change it, it continues coming back to the same long string.

Even after going in to the cPanel and the WHM control panels and resetting from there and just refreshing the Products and Services page it will only show this ridiculously long password.

So it also appears it's not reading the server details either.

What do I do with it, can anyone help or suggest what's wrong?

WHMCS would never randomly generate a password like that. As for not updating - sounds like you aren't clicking Save!

I have dumped my saved passwords in FF in case it is putting these details in but currently I have lost connection to my server, there is a router down between and the server. So currently just have to wait to try it out.

Are you getting those long passwords from the system somewhere, like /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow? If so, they are the encrypted forms of the passwords, not the actual passwords themselves. Unix/Linux doesn't keep the passwords in readable form anywhere.

Are you getting those long passwords from the system somewhere, like /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow? If so, they are the encrypted forms of the passwords, not the actual passwords themselves. Unix/Linux doesn't keep the passwords in readable form anywhere.

The problem as it turns out was coming from Fire Fox filling in that field. As to where that string came from in the first place I have no idea, it just decided to do it of it's own accord.

I fixed it by dumping the whole password saved file.