Integration Possible? (our site doesn't suite WHMCS well)

Subliminal

Hello!

I was just wondering if anybody had any integration ideas for our website. I'm not really sure how to or where to integrate WHMCS into the site, as there isn't such a clear header / footer with space in the middle for the full width (you will see a gray bar for info down the left hand side).

Does anybody have an idea on how we could integrate, what you would recommend?

Cheers.

Mike

I am now at this phase ... :)

If you went to the templates\portal folder (or the template folder you are using) you will find two files:

header.tpl

footer.tpl

In the header you can modify this part to include your own logo or header:

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td width="100%" height="122" style="padding-left:35px; background:url('templates/{$template}/images/whmcslogobg.png') repeat-x;">[img=templates/{$template}/images/whmcslogo.png]</td>
</tr>
</table>

or remodify the whole the files to your convenience. Try to keep variables put by whmcs in the header though.

Part of the background, the three-color bar at top is placed in style.css also located at the same folder. You might want to play around with the file to come along your own site atmosphere.

One thing, make sure any javascript code is placed in separate js files called within the html files of your website, rather than having it embed, to avoid conflict with whmcs system.

Hope that helps ... though I am a beginner myself.

For those who have problems integrating their site:

whmcs.com/integration.php

Let the designer handle it for you :) The price is quite reasonable IMHO

Thanks, I may try that :)

Though, if I carry on to integrate myself, the problem I am having is not a technical problem, I'm quite aware on how to edit the templates etc. What I'm asking is if anyone has a recommendation on the best way in terms of design to integrate WHMCS into our website, based on the current website design. I'm not sure if the design is really fit for WHMCS integration - there isn't just a header and footer, there is also the gray side bar on the left, leaving little space for WHMCS. Perhaps I could remove this side bar for WHMCS?

Thanks very much for all of the replies so far though guys! :D

I think I may do that, yes - remove the side bar from the design for WHMCS with the portal template. I think for the ordering pages, I will keep the side bar on the left and just show the order forms within the current content area.

Well... that's my very brief plan for now :) I haven't looked much at the template files yet so I'm unsure of what areas I can change and in what way, I've only ever edited the header/footer in a different (non the portal) template.

I'll let you all know how I get on with it, hopefully it will all turn out well eventually. Thanks for the recommendation PPH!

Kind regards,

Mike

I've done the integration! A small bit of work and it turned out to be a very simple integration with just the header and footer files, you can see it by going to the site in my signature and clicking "Client Area". Nothing special, but it works for us, we just didn't want the client and ordering area to look as though it was an entirely separate site :)

I think that looks pretty good. I would just add some padding to the "You are here" and "please login or register" so it's not touching the ends of the table. Everything else seems good.

Hmm, I did add 2px padding on the left and right there, which improved it for me. Perhaps it just needs a bit more padding? I'll up it to 4px and see how it looks :)