Email Piping

BPmedia-David

I cant for the life of me figure out how to get email piping to work. I edited the filter list in /etc/valiases/ to add the redirect, since cpanel 11 is retarded, then I added the cron job... I've tried it several times, it won't work.

I've heard it might be a PHP bug. I'm running 4.4.7 if that helps at all.

Can anyone help me?

• WHMCS CEO

It's unlikely to be a PHP bug, but cPanel 11 does screw around with piping commands. My advice is to switch to the x2 theme when setting up forwarding in cPanel and add it using the command WHMCS gives you to use in the admin area.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Can you perhaps let us know how was it solved please?

I cant for the life of me figure out how to get email piping to work. I edited the filter list in /etc/valiases/ to add the redirect, since cpanel 11 is retarded, then I added the cron job... I've tried it several times, it won't work.

Also switched to x2 and x themes and tested the different solutions on this and cpanel forum several times. (Both piping, cron and pop3 - Send about 20 test messages)

I use a pretty standard whm 11 installation but for some reason never get piping to work (for other program too) so will also submit ticket to our support company.

I changed to appropriate /etc/valiases/ domain file several times without any success. For example

email: "|php -q /home/onlineb/public_html/test/pipe/pipe.php "

email: "| php -q /home/onlineb/public_html/test/pipe/pipe.php "

email: "|php -q /home/onlineb/public_html/test/pipe/pipe.php"

email: |php -q /home/onlineb/public_html/test/pipe/pipe.php

email: | php -q /home/onlineb/public_html/test/pipe/pipe.php

I also send the email from email address from other domain and even from other servers too.

Also changed the pipe.php permissions to 755 (as suggested on cpanel forums) without any success either.

Also test it with cron and email polling.

All that I can think of is that there is either other problem somewhere or that exim must for example be restarted after a change or something. (I restarted exim but not after each change)

Thanks for the advice.

I however already setup the support departments with two email addresses, one for support and one for accounts.

During testing I used both with different settings so the various tests was actually double tests. (i.e. change the settings of one according some suggestions and the settings of the other according other set of suggestions and then test to see which one work.)

Oh well. Once I am done with everything and purchase the program I will submit a support ticket to get this fixed.