WHMCS Ticket Spam Control Addon

We are proud to announce version 1.0 of our WHMCS Ticket Spam control addon.

How it works:

Upon activation and configuration, it watches for incoming emails and contact form submissions. When a new ticket is created, it automatically scans it against AKISMET to detect if it's spam. If it does, you can select if you want it to delete the message, close the message or simply change the subject of the ticket to show that it was found to be spam.

What happens if I set it to automatically delete a message and it wasn't spam?

We've created an interface that saves old messages that were marked as spam, even if you've told our addon to delete tickets when they are detected. This allows you to restore messages back to the ticket queue or simply mark them as HAM (Not spam) back to AKISMET. By reporting the message as HAM, you ensure that similair mesages aren't marked as spam in the future.

What happens if I still get spam?

Initially, A bit of spam will continue to get past our addon. This is the nature of any spam detection mechanism. Fortunately, we've added a button to the WHMCS ticketing system that allows you to report undetected tickets back to AKISMET. By making use of this feature, you ensure that in the future the message is not only marked as spam within your WHMCS instance, but for anyone else running our addon.

How much does this cost?

The cost for this addon is a one time, $25 charge. You can purchase it by going to this link.

Do you have a trial?

We sure do. If you're unsure that you want to purchase our addon, you can try it out for 15 days by visiting this link and selecting our trial version. At the end of the 15 days, you can simply remove the addon or purchase the full version. If you do choose to purchase the full version, you won't need to reinstall; you simply apply the key given to you upon purchase of the full version.

How do updates work?

Our addons have free lifetime support. This means that you will get emails telling you when new versions have been released.

Has this addon been tested?

It sure has. We established a forum entry and took 10 testers for our beta testing. These users helped provide feedback and suggested changes. You can view this thread here.

Here are a few screenshots of the configuration and the addon in action:

Custom Spam Ticket Viewer (For restoring tickets, marking as ham and deleting permanently.)

cpanelSpam.JPG

Example spam ticket we've received and what it looks like. Notice the buttons at the bottom for marking the message as ham.

spamTicket.JPG

Addon configuration window. These are the settings that you can set for our addon.

spamConfig.JPG

Edited by HawtDogFlvrwtr

After much feedback from customers on the price of our spam control addon, we've decided to change the price of our addon from a $25 one time fee to a $10 one time fee so that more customers can take advantage. Along with this new low price, we also provide free installation and lifetime updates.

You can purchase this addon at it's new price here:

Ticket Spam Control Addon

Edited by HawtDogFlvrwtr

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I went with the free trial.

I probably should have went ahead and paid for it. I figured I would check it out and see how well it worked with WHMCS.

I still don't understand why something like this isn't part of the core though. Especially the ability to filter out those annoying base64 messages.

Okay I went with the free trial.

I probably should have went ahead and paid for it. I figured I would check it out and see how well it worked with WHMCS.

I still don't understand why something like this isn't part of the core though. Especially the ability to filter out those annoying base64 messages.

Sounds good. Let me know how you like it. It's been getting very good reviews thus far.

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.1 of our addon will be online tonight. It will have the following fixes/changes.

1. Added StopForumSpam.com functions so now it checks against Akismet and StopForumSpam.com to determine if a ticket is spam.

2. Fixed spacing between buttons on several pages.

With the addition of StopForumSpam.com, we've dramatically improved the detection ability of our spam addon. We have been testing for the past month with version 1.1 and based on what we're seeing, we've increased the detection rate from 95% to nearly 99.5% accuracy.

Thanks,

Chris

New Spam Control Promotion:

Get our Spam Prevention addon for free with the purchase of our mobile client with the promotion code "stayspamfree". Simply add both our mobile client and our spam to your cart and use the promotion code during checkout.

Promotion ends 10/12/2012

This is a $10 savings.

Edited by HawtDogFlvrwtr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

1.3.1 Has been released with the following features and bugfixes:

• Added the ability to skip scanning a message if the ticket is from an active client.
  • Added the ability to disable AKISMET.
  • Added the ability to disable STOPFORUMSPAM.
  • Improved Debugging within the application
  • Added viewticket.tpl template files so you don't have to change them manually any longer. (For blend and v4)
  • *BUGFIX* Fixed a php 5.3.X bug that was causing ticket to remain open even when you've configured our plugin to close tickets.

• 1 month later...

We are pleased to announce that we will be releasing version 1.4 RC1 of our WHMCS Spam Control addon tomorrow for testing. 1.4 RC1 is a major release that focused on bug fixes as well as making our addon easier to install. Here's what it will be providing:

• We are now using hooks and a custom a template file to redirect users to a spam page. This means you no longer need to make client area code changes by hand.
  • We are now using hooks to display the "Mark As Spam" button in the view ticket page. This means you no longer need to make admin area template code changes by hand.
  • We've fixed minor security bug that could allow someone to view system path information.

If you have any questions or concerns about this upcoming release, Please don't hesitate to email us at sales@excellentuptime.com

- The ExcellentUptime.com Team

• 1 month later...

We are proud to annouce the release of our Spam Addon to version 1.4 RC4 which is now FREE to everyone!

Why did we decide to make it free? We've decided to move away from AKISMET as they would routinely make changes that prevented our addon from working correctly, With AKISMET going now, we don't have to focus all of our development efforts on correcting changes they've made to there API's and can focus on ensure it simply works within WHMCS.

If you're interested in your free copy of our addon, simply click here and order it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got Spam? How about Metrics?

We have been working on our latest release of 1.4 (RC7) and I wanted to share a little bit of what we've been doing. This release was focused on statistics, improving detection and the replacement of akismet with our custom database.. We also added a stats widget to the admin area so you can see how you're doing at detecting spam. Take a look:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4651[/ATTACH]

Edited by HawtDogFlvrwtr

Robb3369,

We are slowly doing that now. The latest release we provided a class that handles all connections out from our plugin. This allows folks to see what data is leaving there server. We are still working out how and if we will release the rest of the code to the community.

Thanks,

Chris

Ask and you shall receive. After much code cleaning and removing of the licensing piece. Here is the complete source for our addon.

Please note that we are releasing this source for others to be aware of every aspect of our addon but don't expect users to clone and use the source from the repository directly. We still ask that you use the download from our page which will also be completely open source in the coming days. This will allow us to track downloads for possible support in the future. Use of the bitbucket source version directly will be unsupported by us. If you require support for our addon and are found to be running the bitbucket version we've committed, we will ask you to register and make use of the packaged source on our page.

Our Download Page:

http://www.excellentuptime.com/whmcsspam.php

Source:

https://bitbucket.org/ExcellentUptime/trpspam-opensource

Our opensource code falls under the Apache 2.0 licensing agreement

Edited by HawtDogFlvrwtr