Change <title> from the cart template?

Regia

Hi,

I am looking for a way to change the title of the page from the cart template - is it possible to "force" a change? Currently <title> says "Shopping cart - [site name]" - I can change the text in the translation file, but it will not work in my case, as I have two product offerings with different cart templates, and if I change the text this way , then the new title will be the same of both products - but my goal is to have different titles.

Look into the clientAreaPage hook point. You should be able to use a conditional statement to check for the product_id or possibly the cart template and set the $title variable accordingly.

Thanks.

Where I can find the cart template variable name? As the $template returns my page template name, and not my cart template name.

Also, I tried to test this in the hooks file:

$pagetitle = "Споделен хостинг - РЕГИЯ";

But it doesnt set up the page title. Am I doing something wrong?

What you want to do is return an array with a containing new variables for pagetitle and companyname since the title is displayed as {$pagetitle} - {$companyname}.

return array("pagetitle" => "custom page title", "companyname" =>"custom company name");

In your hook you can check if it is a shopping cart page by looking at the filename variable, it will show cart or you can look at the pagetitle variable before you change it.

Put {debug} at the top of your header.tpl file. Then open your site in a browser. A popup window will show you all the variables you have to work with in your page.

All the available variables are held in an array called $vars.

I think there will be a $carttpl var and a $productsinfo array, that may be useful to determine what page you are on.

To modify from a hooks file you need to do $vars['pagetitle'] = 'abc123';

Thanks.

It works perfectly now. Here is the code, in case someone needs a similar solution:

<?php

function change_page_title($vars) {

$pagetitle = $vars['pagetitle'];

$template = $vars['carttpl'];

if ($template=="order for template")

{

return array("pagetitle" => "Page title", "companyname" =>"Company name");

}

}

add_hook("ClientAreaPage",1,"change_page_title");

?>

• 8 years later...