Importing Affiliates from another script

ckh

The import utility saved me a lot of work when converting from another billing solution, but, none of the affiliate info was imported.

That's fine as I can do that manually, but, I can't seem to find anyplace where I can assign an affiliate to an existing account so they receive credit for the referral.

Is there a way to do this?

When viewing an order through the admin panel there is an area at the bottom that has a tab:

Affiliate Referral

This order was not referred by an affiliate. To add an affiliate to the order, choose the affiliate from the list below.

It will only be available if there are orders for the imported products. I don't know if WHMCS imports create orders for the products.

George, thanks for the reply.

The orders weren't imported although the invoices were. So the only orders that are available are new orders and not from the old billing script and I do see the affiliate option there when viewing an order.

So I guess I need a way to credit the affiliate on imported clients for any future invoices.

You might want to ask Matt what your options are in such a situation. Depending on your # of clients you may want to consider adding them manually.

I remembered not liking the way things turned out with imported information and spent about 6 weeks manually entering each item including original invoices :). The only thing I didn't like was not being able to correct the order dates to reflect the day they actually signed up.

Adding them manually, shouldn't be a problem. Got quite a few clients, but, not that many affiliate generated ones.

So, if I just add an order and specify an affiliate, the affiliate will get credit from then on for all appropriate sales for the account??