Will 2.5 do these things....

MACscr

Question

1) Recurring billing with Bluepay

- this means that the CC information is actually stored with Bluepay, not me.

2) Loginshare with Kayako

-i know this one isnt available, slow support from kayako as usual, just adding it to my check list

3) Free domains with particular packages

4) Multiple coupons/packages on a single order (shopping cart style)

5) Affliate tracking

- One time or recurring payment (% or set amount)

6) Anti Fraud Module?

- is their an actually good anti fraud method so i can enable automatic account creation on orders, without having to worry so much about fraud?

7) Multiple Company support?

- running multiple hosting comanies on one install (same staff supporting all). Basically im just wanting to not have to have multiple copies to admin. And its going to be a single site anyway. I know with MB you can setup different order form groups, then assign custom templates, invoices, etc, for each company.

Im trying to find an escape from MB as their old version was bugy and their new version is buggy and lacking features that I need.

Glad to see you went with smarty maybe i will get a chance to test it out next week. So that means we can fully customize the order forms then?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

5 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

Hi MACscr,

Here goes :)

1. No, as with Authorize.net, BluePay will do automated recurring payments but the clients credit card details will remain stored on your server. It will be possible now though to create a BluePay module that works with their recurring billing so we could look into it.

2. No loginshare with Kayako, this one is down to them.

3. Yes, you'll be able to offer free domains with particular packages when bought on particular payment terms.

4. Nope, we are not going in the same direction as MB and WHMAP on this one - we don't want to have a cart style order form - at the moment, anyway.

5. The affiliate system will remain with recurring payments based on a percentage - no one time payments.

6. MaxMind support will be available to check orders for fraud

7. No multi-company support either - we provide discounted licenses for people who need more than one installation. Contact us for details.

8. In V2.5, every page will be based on a template and therefore be editable. If you want to modify the look or layout of the order form you will be able to do this. The only thing you won't be able to change is the order of the steps - ie. you can't move something from step 4 to step 2.

The V2.5 system has loads of new features many of which should be very useful. Look out for a post with the full new feature list early on next week.

Regards,

Matt

Why do you not want a cart style order form? (btw, AWBS does it as well)

And why no one time payments for affiliates? Most companies i know only pay one time referrals or finders fees. I know i dont want to pay people a percentage of my profits forever.

Hopefully the kayako people will get their act together and start responding to their clients needs, but i highly doubt its going to happen any time soon.

And why no one time payments for affiliates? Most companies i know only pay one time referrals or finders fees. I know i dont want to pay people a percentage of my profits forever.

Good point. Currently I only pay a one time referral bonus as well and wouldn't like to have to give a percentage of my already low hosting prices.

Any chance in getting this option for the affiliate module?

Patty,

Submit your need as a feature request and dont forget to add a poll to it. I would also recommending suggesting that admins have the ability to set the number or days before that one time amount is payed out to the affiliate. You know, like 60 days or something like that.