Promotions not applied correctly in orders added by Admin/API

Hi,

we have set a Promotion code that should apply only to orders have hosting, and to discount only from the hosting:

-Example when applying promotion code from client area:

example.com: 40, hosting package: 60, promotion code( 20% ): 12, subtotal: 100, total: 88

-When applied from Admin/API:

example.com: 40, hosting package: 60, promotion code( 20% ): 20, subtotal: 100, total: 80

Why orders through admin/API not working as expected?

I reviewed the promotion code options and nothing seems wrong:

Type: percentage

Recurring: not enabled

Applies To: selected Hosting plans

Billing Cycles: selected billing cycles (most of our plans are annually )

Start Date: set to a date

Expiry Date: set to a date

Maximum Uses: 0

Lifetime Promotion: not ticked

Apply Once: not ticked

New Signups: not ticked

Apply Once / Client: not ticked

Existing Client: not ticked

Enable for product upgrades: ticked

• WHMCS CEO

The logic behind this change was that when an admin places an order, they can often select a promotion code that has x% or $x discount, submit, and then find it hasn't applied and the order has gone through at full price since the promo didn't quite apply to the combination of products selected.

And so what we did in 5.1 was to make it so that if you're an admin placing an order, if you select x% or $x discount, you actually get that, no matter what rules it has. I don't think it was intentional to have it affect the API though. Will check into it.

Matt

thanks for reply,

It would be great if the admin orders work the same as client area, because now we add the order with promotion code, then manually editing the invoice to remove the extra discount.

As for the API, I hope you will fix it.

Regards,,,

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Lysenshi,

They just sent me a fix for this (we had the same complaints). They just emailed me a new API file for the addorder which added a new variable for checking the validity of the coupon. I'd assume your have one shortly.

I would love to have that fix. Or maybe add some switch to enable the promo validation.

Saludos.