Other Domain Registrar Integration

Sunburnt

Question

Does WHMCS support manual registration of domains not supported by eNom and Directi? I didn't see configuration options available from the online demo under Registrar settings.

I'm looking to sell local domains from IPMirror(http://www.ipmirror.com) such as .sg, .hk etc. Any plans to support IPMirror registrar integration? If not, I'm hoping WHMCS can at least provide a manual option for other unsupported registrars.

I'm currently on WHMAP considering to switch to WHMCS.

5 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Yes, of course you can register domains without using one of the integrated registrars. You can register it yourself, set the registrar to custom and then the client will just be able to see the details about the domain but not edit nameservers or contact information.

With the release of v2.5 we will providing full documentation on how to create your own registrar module so if we don't get around to adding it you could always have a go yourself or we do offer paid services for creating modules.

Matt

Matt, thank you for your fast response.

v2.5 sounds great! What are the charge rates like for building a custom module if I'm able to provide the API and documentation for a new Registrar? But it be of benefit for everyone if the module be made available for all. Then, in this case I should'nt have to pay for it. :wink: But payable custom modules gets higher priority for development, will I still fully own the intellectual property of the custom registrar module? Email me to take this discussion offline. :)

I read that v2.5 uses a different template system for look n feel. If I purchase v2.4 now, the changes I made to v2.4 templates will not be compatible? I'm looking to get a headstart to integrate into my site rather than wait for v2.5 a few more wks later. What's your recommendation?

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

No, the V2.4 templates will not be compatable with V2.5. You will need to make any changes again. My personal recommendation is to buy WHMCS when the BETA is released, you can then install and run this while you do your customisations and we get everything stable, then there will be a BETA upgrade to the Stable version at the end of the BETA testing period which will hopefully not last for long anyway.

I'll email you about the registrar module shortly.

Regards,

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

The BETA will be released on Monday 31st July. The system will not be ready until this time and so this is when the demo will become available. You won't be able to see how easy the templates are to change from the demo but they are very easy to modify. Look out for a post about all the new features in V2.5 early next week.

Regards,

Matt