Dedicated Revenue Reports

jfreak53

This is something that is very much needed and been asked over and over afaik. We need a way to automatically take cost into account per server/product into some sort of "profit" amount. Only closest way at the moment is manually entering expenses onto each and every transaction.

We can do this via an accounting app I suppose but I would like the ability via WHMCS aswell.

Dang! ha ha

Well let me ask this then, if I add a new custom field to a product, say one of my dedi product's. Then make that field admin only, do reports have access to these field's?

Because all that would be needed then is to create a new report if so. I can add an admin only field to my Dedi product's with their cost and just report on that by grabbing it and sale price time's the amount of those active dedi's I have in the DB.

Can report's grab that field?

Nevermind! :)

I figured it out, and created a new report to do just that :)

Anyone who is interested can find it here:

http://pastebin.com/q3zmTH0Y

Basically just go into your Dedicated product's and create a new custom field for admin only called Cost. It searches the DB for product's that are server's and have that field only and gets the price and calculates it.

Just what I needed :) Hopefully WHMCS gets the idea and start's doing this in new versions ;)

Cool, wasnt aware you could make own reports. Will check this out :)

thnx.

[EDIT]

How would I use this for "Other" services instead of "VPS/Servers"?

[EDIT2]

It looks like you can already do this if server is added to the server page in products as their is a "Monthly Cost" field and according to here is for profit calculation in reports?

What I was looking for though is just a product based monthly cost as I use the "Other" category for by products as I'm not really using whmcs for typical hosting solutions, Basically just a dedi reseller and seedbox slots.

Edited by ADz83

Simple really, just create a new report file for each product type you want to report on. Then in that file change in the SQL query the 'Cost' to 'xCost' or whatever. Then that xCost is the name of the field you add to the product.

So it's a unique field name per product type that you want to report on.

Or since it's HTML, just create a form above it in the header with a dropdown, this dropdown posts back to the page with the new Filter Data.