Integration 101 .. where to start?

amico

I am now developing my website, and I just subscribed/installed to whmcs which looks great from the first look.

Since I am new to integration and accounting programs, I need to ask few questions. P.S. I tried searching previous posts, but none were satisfactory to me.

There are now three entities that I have:

Static Website Design (which is now pending installation of whmcs).

Reseller Account

WHMCS account.

How can I work around with the three of them … aka integration.

What I need is the following:

In the static design that I created, I have the following types of products:

1- Web hosting accounts.

2- Web designs.

3- Interactive Solutions and other services (other products).

Each service has its own form. Also sometimes I ask the customer to attach a file.

I created a form that will send me everything … but I would like the form to pass some values to whmcs which in turn automatically opens the account in cpanel (in case the product is web host) after billing the customer. But eventually I want all information in the form to reach me.

The information I require from my customer includes for a web design product for example:

Desired Launch Date, Goal of Website, No. of pages, contents of first page, second page, attachments, etc.

Do I need to pass this information to whmcs?

As for a web host product, I did not do the form yet, but I need one that checks available domains, then proceed for payment, again automatically creating account in cpanel and sends login information to customer.

Any information where to start? I am more into 101 integration … from the concept to more details into the process. For example do I need special tokens inside my design or alter templates offered by whmcs.

One important thing for me as well is the all comes inside my website and my design to have a professional look.

Thank you.

from the sound of things, i really think you should pay someone to do it for you. WHMCS has an integration service that is quite cheap and if you need further development done after that, Matt or someone else (like me), could possible add your needed "customizations".

from the sound of things, i really think you should pay someone to do it for you. WHMCS has an integration service that is quite cheap and if you need further development done after that, Matt or someone else (like me), could possible add your needed "customizations".

I was kind of hopeful for an answer to my questions ... I needed to understand the basic concept at the begining THEN decide what to do next.

Paying is no problem, but WHMCS integration service sounded like they are going to help in styling the template, which is the easiest thing for me to do.

Anyway, I am already past the point of concept understanding. I will see about "paying someone to do it for me" though.

Thanks

I was kind of hopeful for an answer to my questions ... I needed to understand the basic concept at the begining THEN decide what to do next.

Paying is no problem, but WHMCS integration service sounded like they are going to help in styling the template, which is the easiest thing for me to do.

Anyway, I am already past the point of concept understanding. I will see about "paying someone to do it for me" though.

Thanks

Sorry if i didnt answer your questions, but your questions are so way off IMHO that i didnt have a good answer for them as your completely misunderstanding how things work. At least thats how i am understanding things. First you need to figure out how the system works by playing around with the system and testing ideas out. Then consult the manual and forums when you have questions, if you cant find the answer there, the ask a specific question in a single thread. If the questions are not related, its always best to open up a new thread for the question.

The integration service AFAIK, only integrates the stock whmcs design into your site. It doesnt not design templates for you or completely customize the look of whmcs for you. it just integrates the current design into your own. I could be completely wrong with that assumption, but im pretty sure im not.

Sorry if i didnt answer your questions, but your questions are so way off IMHO that i didnt have a good answer for them as your completely misunderstanding how things work. At least thats how i am understanding things. First you need to figure out how the system works by playing around with the system and testing ideas out. Then consult the manual and forums when you have questions, if you cant find the answer there, the ask a specific question in a single thread. If the questions are not related, its always best to open up a new thread for the question.

The integration service AFAIK, only integrates the stock whmcs design into your site. It doesnt not design templates for you or completely customize the look of whmcs for you. it just integrates the current design into your own. I could be completely wrong with that assumption, but im pretty sure im not.

MACscr,

You were right about working around. The many features/configuration that whmcs offer overwhelms at the beginning, but it is important to give it sometime in testing and exploration.

For now it worked fine for me ... until I stumble upon the next problem ... expected to happen soon :)