Invoice integration

abergman

Question

Hi,

We use an external accouting application/invoicing application, and we'd like to integrate WHMCS invoices with this application.

Is it possible to make WHMCS look for external invoice IDs? Not generate it's own but for example to go a URL and fetch the invoice ID?

Loading the invoices into our application isn't the issue, we just like to use on invoice ID sequence and not two (or more).

Br

Andreas

4 answers to this question

you can adjust the whmcs id sequence at initial setup, you can use anything you want for the sequence.

company-idsnumber

idnumber-company

bogus-idnumber-company

anything. you can also decide how whmcs runs the squence, IE how many numbers to skip between ID's. So you dont need to integrate in that way. you can use an action hook in whmcs to send the information to your accounting system, thus letting whmcs manage the ids and that way both systems will tally up.

I dont know about doing it the other way though.

you can adjust the whmcs id sequence at initial setup, you can use anything you want for the sequence.

company-idsnumber

idnumber-company

bogus-idnumber-company

anything. you can also decide how whmcs runs the squence, IE how many numbers to skip between ID's. So you dont need to integrate in that way. you can use an action hook in whmcs to send the information to your accounting system, thus letting whmcs manage the ids and that way both systems will tally up.

I dont know about doing it the other way though.

Well, that sounds good. But since we import invoices from at least 3 different sources, it'll be a bit backwards to let WHMCS to decide.

Using the action hook was pretty smart though, i'm not sure but i think one can create a invoice in the accounting system and then make a reference to the WHMCS invoice. I have to ask the accountant about that ;)

ok, well you can find a way to tally those up, you just need an extra field to hold the whmcs id, im sure you will already have something if you are already pulling in from three locations there must be something to say, this invoice came from here, this one there and that one over there...

without it your accounting would be a huge mess so.. seems like you already have the stuff with just an action hook needed to have whmcs send the information to accounting

just out of curiosity, what are the three sources? are they all hosting or what? if you dont mind divulging that information it might just be possible to come up with a solution that uses only one billing system, in my humble, its far better to use just one than a whole bunch and patch the peices together elsewhere.