Hey, what's with all the requests?

I'm making this post out of concern for WHMCS. I think all members need to take note.

So I'm sitting here this morning, looking at the feature requests section. There are over 30 different feature requests in just the past 8 days.

Then I look at CE's feature requests and there are just 16 in the past month. And I know WHMCS has the features of CE already so it's not like it needs to catch up!

So what's the reason for this? Is it that Matt is just too responsive to feature requests and you all know that if you request something it's likely to be added so you request absolutely everything you want? Or is it that WHMCS has taken a lot of CE's customers so there's not many left to be requesting features over there now?!?

I would like to think it's the latter but I'm sure CE still as quite a few people using it.

There are always some that agree with every feature, making claims like "this should be easy to add", "this should be here already", "without this it's not the complete solution it claims to be". And I think this is a big problem. If every feature was implemented, WHMCS would soon become bloated with settings and options making it just as hard to configure and use as other systems (remember MB??)

I'm concerned about this this and I just want to say:

Please, please, please, think before making your feature request. Don't post features that aren't 100% necessary. Don't post features that aen't needed by many. You don't want to ruin this amazing piece of software.

webhoster42

until now i still have no problem in configuring WHMCS

but i believe New people who just move from other programs will have a problem!

WHMCS is made very simple and i really happy to move out from CE

but one think i feel that the more feature the more heavy the program will run thats what i concern however not all peoeple who use whmcs would need the feature

Please, please, please, think before making your feature request. Don't post features that aren't 100% necessary. Don't post features that aen't needed by many. You don't want to ruin this amazing piece of software.

Isn't that the point of the section? For members to post feature requests? Someone may have an idea and will only know if it is needed by many if they post.

Ultimately Matt decides what goes into the software so the posting of the requests will not affect it.

exactly onestopad!

New feature requests and new ideas is what will keep the product 'alive' as time goes on. Needs today, may not meet those tomorrow. Perhaps a business grows and sees something it needs that could potentially be added and become uselful for users at large.

All in all, there is nothing bad with all of these feature requests. And, might I add, that Matt could also choose to make it more modular, and offer "paid" features, such as the hosting configurator. Like so, it doesn't "bloat" your system.

I think most people are afraid of "bloatware" because it is unuseable or -- more often -- not intuitive to use, possibly with a steeper learning curve. That needn't be the case.

we request features because every business operates differently and i am never ever going to structure my business around my software, im going to structure the software around my company, thus needing to request features to get those items. The source is encrypted so were at the mercy of Matt for the many things. When i have the ability to create the function myself and interact directly with the DB, then i do that.