Some Questions

roosevelt

Question

First of all I am extremely impressed by browsing the site, and read every features of WHMCS in great detail. I am still in the planning stage of my web hosting busines, and basically doing some research on what tools I might need, the total invest I have to make and so on. I see that you guys have some sort of partnership with DirectI.

So does this mean I have to pay $7.95 for the particular domain name, no matter what ever price I am charging from the customer for the domain name?

On the flash tutorials I see you have your copyright on them as well. Is it possible to change those name and make them my company's name? (or it comes with .fla files as well?

The refugee discount, is it like if I am using another billing system like WHMAutopilot?

Is there any kind of installation checking script. To check and see if WHMCS will work on my server or not?

Is WHMCS encrypted? (trust me I hate encrypted scripts, makes it impossible to make custom mods, and customize it my way)

Is there an integration available for vbulletin forum software?

Is it possible to make the domain name free for the client. Or I have to change the price of the domain name to $0.00 in the Domain Pricing tab?

Well that's all I have for now, if I have more I will just ask.

1 answer to this question

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

In answer to your questions:

1. With our DirectI Reseller Accounts we offer, the price to you is $7.95 for domain registrations. You may charge as much or as little as you like on your own website for these domains.

2. The flash tutorials on the demo do indeed have our copyright on them. However, when you purchase them, we replace any of our branding with your logo. You do not receive the fla files but all tutorials are branded to your company as part of the service.

3. The refugee discount is available when you have an owned license of a competing software.

4. There is currently no installation checking script but will be however when V2.5 is released in the next few weeks.

5. WHMCS is encrypted. However, with the release of V2.5, the whole system is customisable through a full template system and consists of modules for payment gateways, registrars, servers and fraud detection allowing you to expand the system.

6. There is currently no integration available for vbulletin forum software. However, you can write your own script that is run on checkout if you wish to create a script to create a forum account for the user.

7. As of V2.5, it will be possible to offer free domains with packages.

Regards,

Matt