Creating a Private Label Reseller with WHMCS

jrianto

Hi Guys,

We are happy to give you our newest showcase - a private label reseller system based on WHMCS!

We are providing website backup service and would like to be able to provide private label reseller system using WHMCS. The thing is, we build our backup system based solely on WHMCS.

Now we have turned it to it's own fully branded backup panel.

How we do it is we use session variables, we detect by the session variable, what domain name is referring the visitor to WHMCS. Based on this variable, we change the look and feel of the entire WHMCS.

Give it a try https://www.siteautobackup.com/ which is based on WHMCS, click on client area or get a free demo account.

Then when you're done, visit http://www.websitebackupsolution.com (our demo site). Everything changes. Header and footer changes, menu changes, we can even make the color scheme and template changes. Yet it is pointing to to exact WHMCS installation. Pretty cool eh?

It's amazing on what things you can do with WHMCS, we even build up our own API service based on WHMCS API.

Thanks Matt and team, you've done a great work!

Would you mind posting up how you achieved this?

Did you write a seperate website that integrates with the api? or have you some how managed to use two templates with url rewrites?

I think a true whitelabel panel consists of like whmcs an api, but would be templatable. can yours do this? if so are you going to be releasing it as a module?

Just out of curiousity, are hostgator happy with you copying their VPS button? lol

Edited by disgruntled

• 2 weeks later...
Cool. I wanted to do something similar. I would lose the "WebsiteBackupSolution" extreme drop shadow font that looks like someone created it in Microsoft Word in 1999 though.

It's just a default thing, the reseller is recommended to upload their own actual logo. I am working on full header and footer customization so that the backup panel can match exactly like the main site of the reseller.

Would you mind posting up how you achieved this?

Did you write a seperate website that integrates with the api? or have you some how managed to use two templates with url rewrites?

I think a true whitelabel panel consists of like whmcs an api, but would be templatable. can yours do this? if so are you going to be releasing it as a module?

Just out of curiousity, are hostgator happy with you copying their VPS button? lol

This is a heavy customization part just for our backup service. I don't think I will be developing this as a WHMCS module. Just to show that it can be done.

I did not write a separate website, it's all based on WHMCS. A lot of {php} tags on the smarty templates. Using sessions to identify what domain is actually calling up the WHMCS. Also combined with mod_rewrite.

If you put your mind to accomplishing something, there is always a way :)

i like the idea but forgive me for being thick but as an admin or even as the provider say for testing or even to have your support staff access the system surly this will screw the whole system up as the admin or supporter would be from another domain or associated with another domain then the customer

?

surly this will confuse things?

• 1 month later...