Refund Policies

Bubka3

i dont know if you noticed, but this thread was split off from the thread you are responding to? also from what i can see the only person flaming anybody here or attempting to do so, is you.

We had a debate on the ethics of non-refund policies, people were, and still are free to join into the debate, or not, nobody asked anybody or forced anybody else to join in, that was free will and with such a fragile subject was always destined to receive strong views on how things should be done.

I personally enjoyed the debate and i learned a lot from it, as i am sure many reading it will do. whether anybody takes any notice or ignore, thats their choice to make, its their business to run.

He may have noticed but hes not too keen on taking advise on these forums as his other thread shows http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?48424

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all seem to be focused on this "double payment". disgruntled didn't make a double payment, he clearly stated in the beginning he ordered the PRODUCT TWICE. He ordered 2 products... That's not a double payment!!!

Now that is settled, you can ask the question, should we even be able to order the same product as this twice on the same serial key? Probably not.

Did he pay the invoice? Yes, so he KNEW what he was doing.

Should WHMCS let it get to that, instead of just refunding it? probably not, but if he is past the 60 days on Paypal, or whatever payment system he used, well then, that's up to them. (Probably an account credit would have been just fine).

The main point is, you are clearly at fault here. WHMCS maybe should have a different resolution for you, but that is totally up to them.

Y'all seem to be focused on this "double payment". disgruntled didn't make a double payment, he clearly stated in the beginning he ordered the PRODUCT TWICE. He ordered 2 products... That's not a double payment!!!

You might want to read the entire conversation. Disgruntled wasn't the original poster, and it wasn't about a double order. It was about an overpayment to a canceled account.

Now that is settled, you can ask the question, should we even be able to order the same product as this twice on the same serial key? Probably not.

Did he pay the invoice? Yes, so he KNEW what he was doing.

Should WHMCS let it get to that, instead of just refunding it? probably not, but if he is past the 60 days on Paypal, or whatever payment system he used, well then, that's up to them. (Probably an account credit would have been just fine).

The main point is, you are clearly at fault here. WHMCS maybe should have a different resolution for you, but that is totally up to them.

You are overlooking the key fact to all of this, it wasnt my post that triggered this debate, that was the post that is linked to at the top of this thread on the first page.

My "double order" was simply posted as an example of my experience with this sort thing at whmcs, i wasnt concerned with the credit, i had to buy a new upgrade/support package anyway so it made no difference to me.

Anybody who wishes to respond, please read the entire thread and also the previous thread that this was split from so that you fully understand what you are talking about. There is no point responding with half of the facts it isnt going to help anything.

I actually did read both topics.

The point is, it was your fault, no one else's. I would have thought you were smart enough to know you paid twice, but I guess not, that is WHMCS fault.

I am not debating their response, only that it was YOUR mistake, not theirs. That should have been your focus from the beginning, but I am guessing your "support ticket" probably wasn't very friendly about YOUR mistake.

I might be wrong, and feel free to correct it.

I actually did read both topics.

The point is, it was your fault, no one else's. I would have thought you were smart enough to know you paid twice, but I guess not, that is WHMCS fault.

I am not debating their response, only that it was YOUR mistake, not theirs. That should have been your focus from the beginning, but I am guessing your "support ticket" probably wasn't very friendly about YOUR mistake.

I might be wrong, and feel free to correct it.

and your making an argument against something that was used purely as an example. For your information because im such a nice guy and i just love to put people straight on the facts, MY support ticket went like this.

Hello, i just noticed that i have two iphone apps on my account, i have looked at the relating payment and sure enough i have paid twice for this. here is the subscription id yada yada yada.

Would it be possible to have a refund for this second iphone addon as clearly i do not need it.

regards

me.

and in response to this.

We are sorry that you have made this error but we regret to say we cannot refund the payment, we also understand your point and will be happy to credit your account for this extra addon.

my reply

Ok thank you, i have to order the upgrades addon now anyway so this will be fine, please let me know when this is done so that i may proceed with my order.

regards

a super nice and always courteous whmcs using website hosting provider

I do hope the sarcasm does not go over your head, i would be dreadfully offended if you were to miss the point entirely after i have been so generous with my time as to provide it, without charge. PS, there is no refund on this, i dont want it back, you are most welcome to keep it :)

Hey disgruntled, I must say I FULLY agree with what you're saying. I would certainly stay away from bubka3 and easyhosting if I ever needed services they provide as their TOS might be legally valid, but I prefer dealing on a moral basis...

As an example of what you were saying about checking for double billing and warning clients, I regularly go through my client hosting accounts and where a client is on a package which far exceeds their needs, I advise them to downgrade to save money. I know most business won't operate like that, but I see my function not only as providing web hosting and collecting a fee for that, but also as an advisor to my clients in terms of hosting and development.

If you forget about the law and focus on being good to your clients you'll build a loyal client base...

My two cents worth....

John

Edited by SoftSmart.co.za
update

I would certainly stay away from bubka3 and easyhosting if I ever needed services they provide as their TOS might be legally valid.

So you would rather host with someone with illegal tos. In any business TOS form a binding contract which must be legal.

If you forget about the law.

I would expect this from a South African as this country is well know for not adhering to the law.