WalletBit Bitcoin GateWay

Dear users

at current moment i am releasing a new whmcs gateway module

For the users who heard about bitcoin is this a wonderfull module

it allows to be invoiced to be automatic put on paid after a transaction with bitcoin is done

the module is walletbit.com as a payment processor , The reason is that that website allows to send a ipn message

The module convert the amount to btc on the current rate from mtgox ( 10 min interval ) and put that amount as bitcoins

on that way , your bitcoins always match the latest rate , and users always pays the exact amount of bitcoins that are needed , no more trouble with manual converting

also , as soon the payment is done , then the invoice get putted on paid , so the user can get his service instand with out to wait for a other 12 hours or on manual confirmation

more info of how to configure the module can be found at following link

http://cp.powerchaos.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=34

The module itself cost 5€

this is what the module does

it takes the latest bitcoin rate and convert the invoice value to bitcoins

after payment , it puts the invoice on paid and redirect the user back to his invoice ( user can see that it stands on unpaid for a certain time , then it get putted on paid , depending when the callback get back, also depending on your settings)

the gateway logs store everything that the ipn sends (for debugging if something goes wrong)

the invoice shows a transaction id (in case of problem)

the invoice shows the amount paid in there currency

The module sends a email to the owner , to confirm a payment (same as gateway log , in case something goes wrong)

the module sends a invoice on a failt callback ( same as gateway log , in case something goes wrong)

The module works with multiple currency's , it takes the currency from the invoice to convert to the exact amount of bitcoins and mark the invoice paid in there currency after succesfull payment

Please note , the ipn only works if they use walletbit to complete the payment , from a other website is it still a manual confirmation ( as they can not send a ipn if there form is not used :D )

The module is avaible at

https://cp.powerchaos.com/cart.php?gid=12

enjoy

Greetings From PowerChaos

whmcs handles exchange rates, i dont know what bit coin is thats why i was reading, but your module is doing nothing new other than allowing whmcs user to use bitcoin automatically, im sure in time whmcs will release this themselves if their is sufficient demand, however. congratulations on creating a module for whmcs, i hope there will be more to follow that i might consider :)

Thank you

the exange rates of bitcoins are bit more complicated then the exange rates that whmcs use

bitcoins get updated every 10 min and depends on the buy/sell amount from the past 10 min

probaly also the generated amount and amount of blocks found and some other stuff , but my knowledge is to less to be sure about that (see mtgox to see what i mean )

then to get back to whcms

i am sure that whmcs will never include bitcoin for a simple reason

bitcoin is like the tor network , it is a currency that can only be sended 1 way and complete anonymouse (just send and sell online, no refunds possible , rates are differend every min and takes time to get confirmed )

best part of bitcoin is that every1 can generate bitcoins for free (just your videocard/cpu is used to generate bitcoins)

but because of lack of "security" (lack of personal information and stuff) do i not think that whmcs will create a module for it to implent it in later releases

more info about bitcoin can be found on http://bitcoin.org

the best part of this module that i like personal is the auto converting , it takes the latest rates and convert the amount to the bitcoins , as those rates are differend every min can it be that 1 btc is equal to 4€ and 10 min later only 3.5€

if there are more idea's or improvements needed , feel free to let me know :D

Just bought the module seems to work great are u sure your system is automated with or without the customer using their walletbit acct?

seems amazing so far though bud :) great work

to be honnest

i was amazed to that it worked with out the need of a walletbit acount

but as long they send a ipn then it will work

here is the callback

The Following message is sended from walletbit

merchant => my email
customer_email =>
item_name => PowerChaos Company - Invoice #id
amount => 1.06000000
fee => 0.01579400
details =>
batchnumber => a number
txid => a id
timestamp => a date

parts are filtered for security , those is mainly used for debug information :D

if you use your walletbit account then you see as customer email your email and you see also the customer WOT account name

that part is missing in this callback so it seems to be working also with out the use of your walletbit account

fun part was that my own tests where failing if i do not use a walletbit account , but the ipn that get sended confirms the working of the automatisation

unless you dit used a walletbit account , then somthing went wrong with there callback :S

enjoy the module

soon i release a subscription module , as soon i got the needed information to start working on it

to be honnest

i was amazed to that it worked with out the need of a walletbit acount

but as long they send a ipn then it will work

here is the callback

The Following message is sended from walletbit

merchant => my email
customer_email =>
item_name => PowerChaos Company - Invoice #id
amount => 1.06000000
fee => 0.01579400
details =>
batchnumber => a number
txid => a id
timestamp => a date

parts are filtered for security , those is mainly used for debug information :D

if you use your walletbit account then you see as customer email your email and you see also the customer WOT account name

that part is missing in this callback so it seems to be working also with out the use of your walletbit account

fun part was that my own tests where failing if i do not use a walletbit account , but the ipn that get sended confirms the working of the automatisation

unless you dit used a walletbit account , then something went wrong with there callback :S

enjoy the module

soon i release a subscription module , as soon i got the needed information to start working on it

your checkout went fast with bitcoin i sent myself some coin to my merchant wallet-bit acct to try checkout and forgot i sent to merchant acct then tried to deposit into another wallet-bit for reference but my 1.7BTC is lost in cypher-space lol waiting on a customer to try it now super excited

so to recap it does in fact send IPN to whmcs regardless of using wallet-bit acct?

Edited by whattheserver

so to recap it does in fact send IPN to whmcs regardless of using wallet-bit acct?

i contacted walletbit to confirm this , and they do confirm that the ipn get sended regardless if it is from walletbit or from a other bitcoin client

so they always sends a ipn on succesfull payment

also , i got a email from you ( the callback) , please edit the needed files before using the module to prevent problems

more info can be found in the txt file that is included

also in short

please read this page to configure the system , as i get the callback does it means 2 things

or the ipn url is pointed to my website

or the callback file is not edited and contains my information

but as i see that it got sended from 109.***.127.*** so i guess you dit not edit the callback file :D

http://cp.powerchaos.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=34

the emails does not mather that mutch , they are mainly to know if a ipn is recrived and contians all needed information if something goes wrong ( thats how i can see if they use walletbit or not for example :P )

that same information get also stored in your gateway log

specialy do not forget to edit the callback file , and do not forget to put the ipn on the right place

if that is done then everything should work perfect

Edited by PowerChaos

update

the module is now updated with a subscription button

so if you do not have a setup fee , then a option will show that allows the user to subscribe

if you got a setup cost , then that button will not show ( because the system can not work with 2 variables at current moment)

in case of problems , please let me know so i can fix the problems

enjoy

ok so i got all edited and have just retested i got the callback via email correctly now but i don't see the ipn in gateway logs im assuming this is because its waiting on more confirmations?

thanks in advance

ok i see the issue its sending call back for invoice 85 when it is in fact invoice 89 i paid atm how do i fix this?

Edited by whattheserver

if you get the email then you should have the same information into the gateway logs

it sends the email right before it add all info into the gateway logs , but it get executed at the same time

you find the gateway logs on this button " billing -> gatewaylogs -> walletbit bitcoin"

you should see something like this ( from my subscription test )

15/06/2012 15:55	WalletBit Bitcoins	debugdata	Successful

on the same time as those logs will the invoice be put on paid and the transaction be stored on the invoice (in case of problems :D )

if that does not exist , can i do some test runs on your instalation ? (send info in a ticket)

so i can see what exactly is wrong , as all tests are successfull for me

• 8 months later...

Might be a noob question

But...

what should I put here explicitly so it works properly

$emailto = "btc@powerchaos.com"; // Where to send the email to ??

$emailfrom = "webmaster@powerchaos.com"; // where dit the email came from ??

The default sender address used for emails sent by WHMCS i use "noreply@mydomain.com"

System Emails From Email I use "support@mydomain.com"

so what should I use in this ones or what?

the $emailto is the email adress that will recrive the callback message ( like the example you see above )

the $emailfrom is the system, normaly it get sended as nobody , but some filters need a email adress so you can fill in the email adress you like

i use "btc@powerchaos.com" so i know that it are bitcoins (to ) and "webmaster@powerchaos.com" so i know it is from my system ( as that email does not exist :D )

emailto = the recriver of the email (btc@domain.com for example )

emailfrom = the email adress that get used to send the email (noreply@domain.com for example )

in the ticket reply is a more advanced explanation that shows exacly what get sended and what is used where

but for security/privacy reasons i can not post that on this forum :D

Edited by PowerChaos

• 3 months later...

It looks like you site is offline and because of that all of my customers who try to use that gateway are getting an invalid serial notice. I know you said you were going to post the source but as your site is down there is no way to access the code could you please post it here.