How not to automatically generate invoices on client order?

ethitom

Hi,

I sell many products with recurrent yearly billing.

However, it typically takes me 2wks to set up these products from the actual order date.

I want to know if there is a way that I can intercept a client's initial order invoice before it gets sent to change the yearly start and due dates.

If I disable the cron job and click "generate invoices" manually, will that also run cron jobs like subscription notices?

Also, I have tried to set payment options to only Paypal subscriptions on the frontend (to avoid auto invoice sendout) but the system does not allow this.

Any solutions? They would be much appreciated!

Tom

Why doesn't the system allow selecting PayPal Subscriptions?

Good question, and perhaps this should be moved to bug fixes.. I have tried to set subscriptions as sole gateway all morning using different config options but nothing I do seems to make it show up as an option on the frontend order form!

Collective wisdom or staff expertise would be appreciated :)

T

Have you activated it?

YES

Is it showing on the order form?

NO

Therein lies the problem. When I try to process an order from the frontend, there is nothing under Payment method even through Paypal subs is activated and when I try to order anywayI get the mess. "No payment gateways enabled so order cannot proceed"

See for yourself here -

ethiquette.ca/billing/order.php?step=2

PS> yes, I have checked the "show on order form" box next to paypal subs in payment gateways config

Thanks for your time

T

Great, thanks for clearing this up!

:)

I can now manually set the payment method once an order has been placed, and intercept invoices before they get sent. Paypal subscriptions is never used by my clients so I can rename it "To be determined" so as not cause confusion on the client's order form and create a custom field on the form where clients can enter their desired payment method.

Cheers

Tom