Authorize.net CIM credit card details you entered were declined

MyLama

Hi -

We set up Authorize.net CIM.

This is not an import, it is the first time using Authorize.

Every seems to be OK, but all CC transactions come back as:

"The credit card details you entered were declined. Please try a different card or contact support."

Can anyone shed some light on this?

In the Gateway Log I just see the card details were declined. There is no apparent error.

We tried this with several CCs that we are know are good but the same result each time.

That's odd.

When I look at the transactions under "Unsettled Transactions" in Authorize.net portal, they all say:

Request rejected by [] - Invalid merchant number.

I did put in the Login ID and Transaction ID from Authorize.net into WMCS, but I don't see any place for Merchant Number.

• 5 months later...

I am having the same problem. I am signed up for the Authorize.net CIM service. When I use just the regular Authorize.net payment gateway, everything works fine. When I enter the same details into the Authorize.net CIM payment gateway, every transaction is declined and it doesn't even show up in my Authorize.net account as a declined card. Looks like it's not ever getting there. Any suggestions?

Just found another post with an answer that worked for me at http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?45399-Authorize-net-CIM-testing-CC-keeps-declining-how-do-you-test/page2&highlight=authorize.net+cim.

Contrary to what you might think, you should not tick the setting to "Disable Credit Card Storage" in Setup > General Settings > Security as that will disable entry by a client.

It must be enabled to show the credit card payment form and allow clients to update their card details, but the fact you are using the Authorize.net CIM module will prevent the details being stored locally in WHMCS and instead store them only on the remote system.

After disabling the checkbox, it worked perfectly.