How do I rename an email template?

itomic

no way in the interface, you can do it from the database though, But if you name them correctly in the first place then you would have no need of this :)

I suggest writing the emails before you crack open a new one, then you can give the new template a more accurate naming :)

Thanks for your advice. I'm a little stunned though. I can't remember the last time I used software where I couldn't easily rename something that I named. Last time I checked the year is 2012, not 1985.

Thanks for your advice. I'm a little stunned though. I can't remember the last time I used software where I couldn't easily rename something that I named. Last time I checked the year is 2012, not 1985.

Well yes there is that, but you have to remember its not important, the client never sees the name.. you could name them "i hate all my clients 1 through 1million" and well, what difference would it make, they see only the subject line and the body text, all the rest is just immaterial, other than you needing to remember what all the million templates do lol

It's the template name I wish to change.

Our company is fairly new to WHMCS... we're just "coming up to speed" with it now, and haven't yet unleashed it on our full customer base (approx 500 clients). We've got 15+ staff in the 3 locations, and so what we're doing with WHMCS is a collaborative, sharing effort. Naturally there's some trial and error with what we do, hence the need to refine, rename, change tack, etc. as we learn.

So just to emphasise - the importance of being able to rename things - e.g. email template names as they appear for selection in WHMCS - is to make it as obvious and easy for staff, existing and new, to make the right choice first time, rather than having to think "hmmmm, that email template name isn't very description.... not sure which one I should be using...".

In others - we're just trying to refine and improve things!

Is it just me, or is there no way (via the WHMCS web interface) to rename an email template that I created?

The name and the subject line are the same thing!

I use a unique name for each one, the subject line in use makes sense about what the reason for the email is

Unless we're talking about different things, I beg to differ on an email template name and the subject line being the same thing. I'm looking at the contents of an email template right now, and the subject line is most definitely different. I can easily change the subject line, but this will have no effect on the email template name.

They look the same to me, on custom email templates

The subject line of the standard ones can be changed, but the email template name remains the same

From memory I amended them through MySQL the first time

However for more recent changes I simply delete and created a new email template