Google Apps Email

BryanB

I'd like to setup Google Apps for Business email but I'm not crazy about the way the whmcs documentation has it set up. Particularly I don't really want to run a cron every 5 minutes. We have a lot of cases where the customer will be on the phone while we wait for them to send an email... We don't want to have to wait 5 minutes for that email. Also if there is a back and forth reply with a customer we don't want to have to wait 5 minutes between each email.

I suppose I could setup the cron to run every minute but has anyone done this? Or found a better way? I don't want to put unnecessary strain on the server and in some cases I was reading that if the cron processes a large email that takes more than a minute and then starts running the process again before it is finished it could cause some problems.

Any ideas?