Language problem - some chars doesn't show properly

Hello,

I don't know yet if this is a problem of my-side or the WHMCS product. As far I did not find a problem on my side.

For the start I must say that I have already opened a ticket with the WHMCS support... I am going to post important parts of the conversation.

I am posting this because as I saw some topics partially referring to some of these problems I think that It should be fixed...that nobody els in the future is going to have the same problem...

And If its a problem of my-side that there should be some solution to be found on the forum or some help.

At first you have to know that I am from the Czech republic and I want to use Czech language in WHMCS(or I am using it).

As I have found out there are some problems with chars like "č,ř,ž,á,é" ... and similar.

1) They are either larger or smaller than other normal chars.

- This problem has been fixed by:

In the whmcs.css file is the following line: https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Ubuntu:500,700

This loads the font file from Google which is then used to display on your site. You may need to decide to use a different font family on your site. Goto http://www.google.com/webfonts and select Latin Extended from the Script dropdown on the left to choose a more appropriate font.

I have changed it and the chars are now showing fine.

2) The second problem is that in administration when you use some of the chars I mentioned before they change to "?" after saving.

For example I have a customer with "č" in his name... well now he has "?" instead.

And its also showing on the invoices...

So you can see that its kind a problem.

- This was not yet solved.

There was some talk about database and charset.

I have the following line in configuration.php file:

$mysql_charset = "utf8";

From what I have been told I believe that its correct.

Just to make sure I have looked into phpMyAdmin and find the line with this info:

MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

So this should be fine too right?

3) And the third problem is when I write these chars into some .tpl file they are also changing to "?"

- The support have suggested to use thing like this instead: "č"

But I don't like this solution, because its not a solution at all... Its just a skip of a problem...

And the SEO does not like it...

So I take this one as unsolved too.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I have looked through some of this forum and found people referring to some of mentioned problems.

Mostly something similar with the PDF invoices.

But there was never posted some real fix or solution... Its all just a partial.

I am also going to post some pictures... Some of them are already resolved...

If anybody knows of some good solution It would be great to hear it.

Thank you.

I dont know if you will have the rights to see the conversation in the ticket but ill post the link...

- link to ticket removed -

pictures:

anotherEX.jpg

editing.jpg

example.jpg

ie.jpg

opera.jpg

Edited by Infopro
link to ticket removed