Support System Email Not Sent

For some reason, when a customer opens a new support ticket, I get notice in email that a new ticket has been opened but not the ticket itself. I have to log into the admin panel to see the ticket content. When I reply, I get a cc of the response in my email. When the customer replies to my response, I do not see anything unless I see it in the admin panel (no email copy). This is true whether the customer does the reply via email or via the Client Portal. Is anyone else having this problem?

This just started recently (after I moved my site to a new server) and I have checked all the email settings and they are properly set, but still no email copies of customer generated ticket action.

check your email piping settings, if you are piping and dropping the emails you will not get them

I am not sure what you are saying here: "...piping and dropping...?"

I know what piping is, but what do you mean my dropping?

Edited by BobC
Added question

when you setup your email forwarder you have the option normally to decide whether the email will be sent to the inbox or discarded after the forwarding. If it is discarded then it saves on space, but it means you lose the ability to track back a failure.

With regard to the CC of the email, this is set up in templates, if you look you will see that your email address is in the cc box.

With regard to not receiving the client emails, see the forwarder also look into your account settings (at the top of the admin area) your account has the ability to receive all emails dependant on the check boxes

Edited by disgruntled

• 2 weeks later...
when you setup your email forwarder you have the option normally to decide whether the email will be sent to the inbox or discarded after the forwarding. If it is discarded then it saves on space, but it means you lose the ability to track back a failure.

I do not see that capability in cPanel for piped forwarders.

With regard to the CC of the email, this is set up in templates, if you look you will see that your email address is in the cc box.

There are no templates for support ticket replies. I get the messages saying a new ticket has been opened and when the ticket is closed. Just no messages between.

With regard to not receiving the client emails, see the forwarder also look into your account settings (at the top of the admin area) your account has the ability to receive all emails dependant on the check boxes

As stated when I opened this thread, all configurations are properly set, including the "your account" settings.

ok, in cpanel, if you do not have email forwarders, you or your host have disabled them for your package.

They should be in a link in the box that contains all the email related functionality. the link will be named forwarders. that is where you pipe emails. (advanced options).

ok, in cpanel, if you do not have email forwarders, you or your host have disabled them for your package.

They should be in a link in the box that contains all the email related functionality. the link will be named forwarders. that is where you pipe emails. (advanced options).

What? Where did I say I do not have email forwarders? All I said was that dropping emails is NOT possible when using the piped method of forwarding. You have 3 radio buttons under advanced options. You have to choose one of the three and you cannot choose more than one. And by the way, I AM the web host and certainly have not and would not remove that option from cPanel.

what version of whmcs are you using?

because for as long as i can remember there have always been support ticket templates, i can confirm with absolute certainty that they exist in version 5.

Untitled-2.jpg

If yours does not have them, might i suggest you open a support ticket with whmcs and ask for the mysql queries to create these support templates.

I cant help you any further. if you have no templates, this is the cause.

Edited by disgruntled

what version of whmcs are you using?

because for as long as i can remember there have always been support ticket templates, i can confirm with absolute certainty that they exist in version 5.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2898[/ATTACH]

If yours does not have them, might i suggest you open a support ticket with whmcs and ask for the mysql queries to create these support templates.

I cant help you any further. if you have no templates, this is the cause.

What forum are you reading? I did not say there are no support ticket templates. Go back and read my answer again. I said there are no templates for REPLIES since they are freeform and not premade.

Disregard the previous message in this thread. I was writing it but never told the system to post it. I logged out instead but I guess one of the new features here is to autopost even when not told to. I cannot find a way to delete it or even edit it even though it is my post.

As it turns out, I was missing a template for replies. There should have been one there. I do not know why it was missing as I did not delete it that I can remember. Both my apologies to disgruntled for my tone and my thanks for his attempts at trying to help me. I do appreciate it.