Blank password

In version 5.0.3 I created as administrator a new client account with the check box "Tick this box to send a New Account Information Message" enabled. The client supposedly receives the Client Signup Email, but in the email the password remains blank.

Is that because the administrator has to manually generate (reset) a password or should there be an initial password that is not set?

The passwords are hashed, so unless you reset the password prior to sending the email then it will be blank. This is better than the alternative of "encrypted" password which can be easily cracked. the hashing so far as i aware i am aware has never been "unhashed" so far more secure, as long as its using a method of mixing up the hash to prevent a rainbow type breaking of the hash.

Bottom line, if the box is empty you need to make and save before sending. otherwise it will be empty in the email

Don't confuse things. The welcome email is with a blank password. I am not talking about hashing at all. I am not sending any email, the system is sending "The New Account Information Message" and the password is missing in the email. That is the bug!

The rest are just speculation what could be the cause of this. Let the developer decide if my speculations are right and then fix the bug.