PayPal Pro

Vinc718

I just wanted to say that it $uck$ that PayPal Pro (US) doesn't work with whmcs. Got my hopes up. Good thing I waited a day for that thread to clearly specify that it won't work before I shut down my other merchant account to process credit cards.

Anyway, if you guys are looking for something that works good, check out Authorize.net and BluePay.com.

You can find many resellers for authorize.net usually with 0 setup and like 20 bucks a month. Only reason I actually wanted PayPal Pro was to keep all credit card and paypal payments in one easy access account.

How much would it cost to get PayPal Pro working with whmcs actually? Is this something that can be done? I'm sure we can get a few people on this forum to chip in collectively and make this happen?..... :idea:

• WHMCS CEO

Now it's been identified how US users have to pay high fees for Payflow Pro I guess it will need to be looked at. The only stumbling area is their Express Checkout requirement which doesn't implement with the modular gateways system.

Matt

Well, I hope it is strongly looked at and somehow integrated. All billing systems already support PayPal. I feel any new service offered by PayPal is equally important, here being the PayPal Pro system for US business.

Thanks!

Now it's been identified how US users have to pay high fees for Payflow Pro I guess it will need to be looked at. The only stumbling area is their Express Checkout requirement which doesn't implement with the modular gateways system.

Matt

Thanks for looking into it's implementation again Matt. We look forward to it's progress if you can do it :D

• WHMCS CEO

I've just had an interesting chat with the PayPal sales team and they tell me that US merchants can indeed as I initially stated use Payflow Pro without paying any additional charges such as the $250 application fee which some have mentioned. Here's what was said:

Just have the user call Paypal Sales, and mention that they need the new Account Type where they can use Paypal Websites Pro with Payflow Pro, that's what it's called. It's not an option yet available while creating a paypal account online - only if you call sales.

So someone in the US, give that a try and verify if it works!

Matt

I've just had an interesting chat with the PayPal sales team and they tell me that US merchants can indeed as I initially stated use Payflow Pro without paying any additional charges such as the $250 application fee which some have mentioned. Here's what was said:

Just have the user call Paypal Sales, and mention that they need the new Account Type where they can use Paypal Websites Pro with Payflow Pro, that's what it's called. It's not an option yet available while creating a paypal account online - only if you call sales.

So someone in the US, give that a try and verify if it works!

Matt

Thanks for the effort Matt, but I just talked to them and it is more expensive than PRO $20 a month for Pro or it is $60 a month for Pro with the payflow. So would you please still consider integrating the Website Payments pro US?

• WHMCS CEO

That's cheaper than it is here at £30/month.

So to confirm, as I've always said, the PayFlow Pro implementation that's been done will work in both the UK and the US and there's no $250 setup fee required for US users.

Of course in the future, Website Payments Pro will be considered just like any other feature requests.

Matt

That's cheaper than it is here at £30/month.

So to confirm, as I've always said, the PayFlow Pro implementation that's been done will work in both the UK and the US and there's no $250 setup fee required for US users.

Of course in the future, Website Payments Pro will be considered just like any other feature requests.

Matt

Well although it may be cheaper than what your country pays, it is too high for us to consider as a processor. Especially since it is 3 times as much as what we currently can use with other solutions.

Also are you sure that the module designed for payflow pro will work for US customers as they stated

We are offering a special Payflow Edition that your developer will find easy to integrate and is compatible with most of the popular shopping carts.