Can't import clients after upgrade

icepick

With the previous version I was following the instructions at http://v3manual.whmcs.com/display.php?id=108 to import clients. I'd select "New Domain" and enter an existing domain, however this no longer works, so I tried transfer domain and that didn't work either which I found weird... Please advise

Ohh and just on another note, is it possible to choose which order form to use in admin panel, I don't like the new ajax one with radio buttons.

Ok, so when I selected "Transfer Domain" I must have read things wrong because it said "Available for registration" which is obviously incorrect as the domain is available, however I ticked the box, entered the Domain Secret and continued, obviously just bad wording on this page for transferring.

I did however find another bug (if it's a bug), if i create an order there is an option to "Don't Send Order Confirmation Email" & "Don't Generate Invoice" however if these settings are modified, when clicking update it removes the tick boxes which means the client is send an invoice.... I even tried selecting "Paypal Subscription" however the client still received the email.

Would it be possible to go back to the old template?

Ohh and just on another note, is it possible to choose which order form to use in admin panel, I don't like the new ajax one with radio buttons.

Configuration tab > General Configuration > Order Form > Default (or your custom template)

• WHMCS CEO
Ok, so when I selected "Transfer Domain" I must have read things wrong because it said "Available for registration" which is obviously incorrect as the domain is available, however I ticked the box, entered the Domain Secret and continued, obviously just bad wording on this page for transferring.

It shouldn't say that, in the default template it says "Available! Order Now" meaning it's available for transfer.

I did however find another bug (if it's a bug), if i create an order there is an option to "Don't Send Order Confirmation Email" & "Don't Generate Invoice" however if these settings are modified, when clicking update it removes the tick boxes which means the client is send an invoice.... I even tried selecting "Paypal Subscription" however the client still received the email.

Please explain the above some more. How are you modifying those settings once the order has been started? Don't they appear disabled for you?

Matt

Basically I want to create clients with their services (domain, web, etc) without the system sending them messages, I used to select "PayPal Subscription" and this didn't send the user an invoice, I believe this is still the case.

When clicking "Orders >> Add new order" it gives you a drop down box to select the client and 2 tick boxes with the options "Don't Send Order Confirmation Email" & "Don't Generate Invoice", If I tick these boxes and click "Continue"..... WEIRD I just did it while writing the steps I've done many times and it worked.

Previously when clicking "Continue" it would untick the 2 boxes.

Very strange.

I guess, ignore the above.... Onto my next question, under admin, is there a way to select which 'order' form to use for admin interface, i.e. boxes rather than singalpage

Lastly is it possible to have an extra section on the integration site which will allow me to have an order form which can be included in other sites, i.e. with just the order form, no header or footer. I'd like to create a few hosting company websites as subsidiaries of our company.

• WHMCS CEO

No, you can't edit the order form used in the admin area. The single page order form is very similar to the previous admin order process except for the package selection and a number of improvements. The new Don't Send Order Confirmation and Don't Create Invoice options should be a great new addition and means you don't need to use PayPal Subscriptions any longer to not send an invoice. And finally, no, there's only one order form in the client area.

Matt

I think the problem may be related to a cookie of some sort.

I'm having the same problem where I have the following issue:

Login to WHMCS, add a user, add a service and click "Modify order", I then tick the 2 boxes so the user doesnt receive an order or invoice, when I click the submit it unticks the two boxes....

I've found a solution, you need to logout and log back in, this seems to refresh something in the backround which then allows you to go to "Order >> Add order" selecting the client from drop down, ticking the 2 boxes and clicking submit.

From this time on, till you logout the 2 boxes will be ticket and work fine, however if using "Keep me logged in to logout" it still appears to forget the 2 tick boxes after a while, so a logout, log back in is required.

No biggie as I know my way around it now, but maybe something to look into if you get bored :)