Recieve SMS when you get new Order

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but this feature is not really needed, well I have no use for it anyway. Basically email is just as easily accessible as text messaging these days. I am able to set up order confirmation emails to be sent to whatever email address I wish. I have a mobile phone that can send and receive email, so whenever I get a new order, the email is "sent" to my phone! I don't even need to check my emails manually...

Saves wasting "SMS" credits!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would it not be simple to just add a secondary field for mobile number?

Then send an SMS using "email to sms" instead (or optional setting: a. web to sms, or b. email to sms)?

There is also an API available from our office mobile / internet ISP etc... provider.

i.e. $0.00.036 (3.5 cents USD) per SMS. No monthly charges, or service fees, or setup fees. Just pay for what is used.

They have 3 methods of sending, desktop portable exe application, web page interface, and the developer API.

How hard would it be to .... 'port' the clickattel.com system to a different SMS provider/gateway, and have it send via 123456789012345@sms.provider.com for notifications?

Is there any way to rate or seperate notifications, so that not every single notification goes through?

i.e. only send Alerts + Warnings, not just information etc...

Perhaps 4 check boxes for different levels of alerts etc..

Just my three and a half cents! (:

Brilliant ingenuity and great work!

10/10