Add text descriptiong to promo

durangod

I added a custom field tick box to the product and set it to required and put my disclaimer in there. But it is not required for some reason i can complete the order and not even check the box at all.

I have submitted a support ticket for this. My thought is if i set the tick box as a required field, it should demand a check in the box or it will not proceed. Required to me means it has no option of yes or no(checked or not) it must be yes(checked) to proceed, so i think this might be an malfunction in the software.

I got my answer from the support staff, and they say its not possible to check the tickbox to see if it is checked or not.

Actually it is possible i do it all the time in my php coding. What they are saying is that WHMCS tickbox is not checkable. So just fyi if you want to use the tickbox remember it is just visual eyecandy, there is no real functionality to it, and wether the client checks the box or not is a moot point.

They gave me an alternative to use a text box and have the client type in "i agree" or something of the sort and then use regex to validate it. And thats ok i guess i dont have any other choice here as i dont have access to the code to fixi it myself.

I still think there needs to be an optional text box applied to a promo to enable promo description to client.