Paypal Pro

Can someone please tell me how to setup Paypal Pro with WHMCS.

From what I understand, the support is now built into 3.2

I am setup for Paypal pro, but adding it to whmcs just confuses me silly.

I emailed support and was told that Payflow Pro & Paypal Pro were the same module. Just the questions asked to setup the module don't make sense to me. :-(

Please help, anyone.

Tim

• WHMCS CEO

Confused? It only asks for the details that you use when logging into the PayPal Manager! Partner, eg. PayPalUK, Merchant Login, eg. yourname, Username which is often the same as the Merchant Login and then your password.

Hope that helps!

Matt

ok. Maybe Its because I'm down here in the south and don't know how to speak. :-/

Paypal Pro (in some parts of the woods) is another name for Paypal Website Payments Pro.

Payflow is something 100% different.

I have a feeling my wording was messing up everything.

Does WHMCS support 'Paypal Website Payments Pro?"

• WHMCS CEO

"PayPal Website Payments Pro" has all sorts of requirements such as you must have express checkout, different versions for the US & UK, etc... "Payflow Pro" however does not require using Express Checkout and doesn't need a different version for UK and US users. Therefore, it is the much better option. You get to accept credit cards on your site via PayPal with the PayFlow Pro module - you've just got to enter your login details correctly. They are ultimately the same thing.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

You don't have to have a merchant account to use it in the UK. Maybe it's different in the US but in the UK they give you a merchant account to use through them when you signup so you can signup and begin using it straight away to accept cards.

Matt

The US version is paypal.com/pro. We need to apply and wait a few days til we get approved. My question is, will WHMCS process the CC info every month automatically in a batch after they client made a payment with paypal pro. Or is this a one time thing?

I know the Authorize.net payment gateway will charge the clients cc on the same day every month, after they sign up. Is this the same with paypal pro?

Please clarify.

Thanks!

Yeah, this might work for the UK versions... but I have been trying all day and 'Paypal Website Payments PRO' doesn't work with WHMCS. Simply can't get them to work in any way shape or form.

The reason I don't want to use Paypal Payflow is the high monthly fees + pretty high startup costs. Just starting out here. Paypal Website Payments Pro is a much better option for me.

When setting up in Paypal WPP, we are given API user names and passwords. Also a 'pem' certificate. There is nowhere to put this info into whmcs.

Yeah we have set PP pro with shopping carts and so far this module within WHMCS doesn't seem to be ready to use it. I might be wrong though and will talk to PP/Ebay when I have time as we have wanted to use it also.

• WHMCS CEO

Maybe you guys in the US get a bad deal, but in the UK at least, PayPal Pro is Payflow Pro. They are the same thing, no extra fees, and Payflow Pro only has advantages over PayPal Pro, no disadvantages. The documentation is from the US PayPal site so I find it hard to believe it doesn't work with their system. I expect you're just entering the wrong login details.

Matt

ok Matt, ... Lets do this together:

Then what login information do I enter?

I have a 'Paypal login Name' - Easy. No Problem

I have a 'Paypal Password' - Easy. No Problem

I have a 'Paypal API Username'

I have a 'Paypal API Password'

I also have a certificate file generated by paypal.

WHMCS wants:

'Name' --- ok.. seems easy enough.

'Partner' -- This means nothing to me (maybe it does for payflow)

'Merchant Login' (Which of the above logins is this (API or Paypal)

'Username' (Which of the above logins is this API or paypal)

'Password' ...........(API Password or Paypal)

See, nothing matches here.

Hey,

PayPal Pro lets you accept credit cards on your website and stores the money in your PayPal Account.

While PayPal PayFlow takes money from your website and stores it in your merchant account (may not be with PayPal).

From,

Adam

• WHMCS CEO
While PayPal PayFlow takes money from your website and stores it in your merchant account (may not be with PayPal).

That's an option, but by default it is with PayPal and does put money into your PayPal account.

tomorrowsretail, do you not have login details for PayPal Manager to manage your PayPal account? You need to enter the same details you use to login here: https://manager.paypal.com/ If not, I suggest you contact PayPal and get an account setup on the manager system.

Matt

Hey,

PayPal Pro lets you accept credit cards on your website and stores the money in your PayPal Account.

From,

Adam

Indeed but Paypal Pro UK uses the payflow system and as you get the merchant account with paypal it stores the funds in your paypal account :) At least that's my understanding...

tomorrow

Name - whatever you want to name the payment module

Partner - your api/paypal Partner ID (eg in UK it is PayPalUK)

Merchant - API vendor ID

Username - api username

Password - api password

Matt - how different is this to the module I looked at before?

Adam :roll:

Yeah. Just verified. UK uses the manager.paypal.com (payflow system).

Those of us in the US do not. We only use the MANAGER if we are using payflow.

Matt, looks like you've got things going for UK... but any chance you can get those of us in the US setup with a module as well.? It would be great.

Tim

Hope I'm not taken the wrong way, but why should 'I' have to get the right setup.? The Payflow setup for the US is about $250 setup and like $60/mo. I don't want that.

I use Paypal Website Payments PRO. If your software works with that using 'whatever' module, I'll be happy to do what I need.

But if it doesn't work with 'Paypal website Payments PRO' I guess I need to start converting to something else. (Yuck, I hate the thought of that)

Take a look here, and you will see why Payflow is not something I'm interested in. (at least until I'm as large as some of the other companies in this forum)

hxxp://registration.paypal.com/productSelectionInit.do

That's an option, but by default it is with PayPal and does put money into your PayPal account.

tomorrowsretail, do you not have login details for PayPal Manager to manage your PayPal account? You need to enter the same details you use to login here: https://manager.paypal.com/ If not, I suggest you contact PayPal and get an account setup on the manager system.

Matt

Hi Matt, I would like to send you a US Paypal guide for pro I copied as a pdf and a sample for php example that may help in the future if you would like to integrate it :).

On the PayPal US site this is what is stated:

Note: This page describes the steps for implementing Website Payments Pro in the United States. Pro is also offered in the UK, however the integration is significantly different. For instructions on implementing Pro in the UK, please consult the UK Website Payment Pro Integration Guide.

Would you like me to send this to you? If so how?

• WHMCS CEO
Hope I'm not taken the wrong way, but why should 'I' have to get the right setup.?

Payflow Pro is a gateway module in WHMCS. PayPal Pro is not. If you want to use the Payflow Pro module in WHMCS then you of course need the right setup! You've made it quite clear you don't, so your only option will be the PayPal Subscription and One Time Payments gateways.

Matt

I'm sorry, I had read several times here that Pay Pal Website Payments pro was requested and that the implementation was planned. I guess most had no idea there was a UK and a US version :(

PayFlow is different and requires additional fees from what I understand. Additional fees for it US based is $179.00 USD - $249.00 USD setup fee and additional $19.95 USD - $59.95 USD monthly. So this is not practical for US users in my opinion when PRO is $20 a month and no setup.

How disappointing this is.

I too read support was available as of 3.2 and even had emails (as recent as yesterday) from you telling me it was built in.

I have been checking almost every day for weeks. Now, its advertised as 'Payflow Support'.

I know you didn't realize the UK/US difference, but you seem to have no desire to help us out (us USA customers). The attitude seems to be Get payflow or get something else. Normally, I would agree with you... but this is something you've advertised for a long time and up till 10 minutes ago, I (and others) thought was available.

I hate the idea of switching... but I feel now that you have no desire at all to support this module for our country.

• WHMCS CEO

Well sorry for any confusion but it was always Payflow Pro which was being implemented.

The full feature post announcement back on June 30th clearly stated this: http://forums.whmcs.com/viewtopic.php?t=4918

There haven't been any plans for PayPal Pro yet. In the future it's possible, but in 3.2 it's Payflow Pro that's been added and for UK PayPal merchants at least this is a great option with just a $30 monthly fee and no setup fees.

EDIT: I certainly did know the UK/US difference and that's just one of the many difficulties of implementing PayPal Pro. Payflow Pro however works for both UK & US users negating that issue.

Matt