Paypal Auto Return Question

craiggallup

There are several ways to do this, you can add a line to your form cancel-return or there is a setting in your profile but i prefer not to use that one myself because i use my paypal for different websites and so one return url is not good for all. So i prefer to do it this way.

So if you use a buy now button then its easy, just go in and either create a button or edit the one you have and you will see, step1 step2 and step3 on the button creation page links once you start creating your button.

Just go to step3 page and you will see to inputs , one for cancel and one for success. Just put the appropriate url in each one. For example for cancel you can put http://www.yoursite.com/cancel.html and for sucess you can put http://www.yoursite.com/thankyou.html (or php or whatever your ext is)

If they cancel their order they will go the cancel page, after they are done they will go to the thankyou page.

You also need to put a return to my site link in the form itself so they can go back to your site by clicking a link that will show up on the paypal screen.

You do this by adding a line to your paypal form code that you post.

<input type="hidden" name="cbt" value="Return to Update Your Account" />

this way when they finish the transaction they will see a message on the screen Return to Update Your Account and then they click and go back to your site. This message can say whatever you want it to say.

One thing i would suggest you do if you have alot of paypal items to test is to get a paypal sandbox account. This is a test environment for paypal coders. But only if you have some experience with some coding as you will need to change a couple simple things in the settings such to go to the sandbox rather than the live paypal.

Hope this helped you.