How to remove required field on order form

Andreas

Hey Guys

I am customizing the the order form to only ask for email, password, and confirm password.

I made all adjustments in the viewcart.tpl file, but when I try to make an order, I get this...

The following errors occurred:

•You did not enter your last name

•You did not enter your state

•Your phone number is not valid

These fields I set to hidden and NA, and are not visible on the order form, but will not proceed. How can I remove these so its not needed to create an account.

thank you

• 4 months later...

Instead of setting this field to hidden and setting a value of 000-000-0000, there must be a peice of code somewhere that can be modified to not check this field, as well as some others.

This was I can remove the entired row from the table, or at very least comment it out.

• 1 year later...

I guess this is only for newer versions, on 4.2 this doesnt exist.

you can set it from General Settings >> Other >> Optional Client Profile Fields

- - - Updated - - -

Some more detail would be awesome here. How do you avoid UID conflict if you have both register and order forms and someone signs up in between the "inject" from the extra table.

Also, with the api, docs suggest the fields still required... so how make use of the api?

This is quite frustrating to be dictacted what must be required on forms.... !

I got it sorted out by using the API & creating a second table with additional data.

I then created a function to inject the data (username and UID) into another table & called that function upon success of addclient.