VPS Proxmox server module

bitboxes

i've been working on a module for Proxmox on whmcs and for the part that i have writen so far its been working nicely for the better part of a year now (for what i need it to do any way) but i has crossed my mind that A) i would like to finish and fine tune it and B) others would probably maybe want a module like it too. But at the same time i'm not going to put my time into some thing that no one wants so.... would any one want it? would you pay to "own life time use of it" it? (to support its development).

your thoughts please ppl :)

Tom

i've been working on a module for Proxmox on whmcs and for the part that i have writen so far its been working nicely for the better part of a year now (for what i need it to do any way) but i has crossed my mind that A) i would like to finish and fine tune it and B) others would probably maybe want a module like it too. But at the same time i'm not going to put my time into some thing that no one wants so.... would any one want it? would you pay to "own life time use of it" it? (to support its development).

Tom

Hi Tom

I am interested in the module, what would you charge for it and hat are the current features?

Regards

Justin

well at best its only going to be a alpha/beta thing at this time. i don't see any point charging for some thing thats not finished yet.

Things that WHMCS cant get it to do so far is the create and Terminate functions (i kinda left them out as i didnt need them at this time).

Things it can do (once WHMCS knows what the VZ ID number is)(for OpenVZ containers):

Start

Stop

Restart

Change root password

Get VPS settings

Send VPS settings

the first 4 kinda self explain what they do, the last 2 when you press the Get it connects to the host server and gets settings like RAM, SWAP, HHD SIZE, HOSTNAME, IP ADRESSES (the first returned ip is used for the "dedicated ip field), the Send button does the opposite and takes all the values stored in WHMCS and updates the vps container to them settings.

on the clients area they can also preform the first 3 options at this time.

As you can see its only doing some basic things at this time, when i started making it i only needed the first 3 options in the clients area though as time moved on i added in the settings changing parts to the admin area.

But that all said the more i add the better its just a time thing.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fyi we scraped this project about a week or two ago when we learned that the 2.0 had its own api, wheres before we had to make our own and now theres just no point continuing to make our own module for our own api now that v2.0 is out :D

• 4 weeks later...
Fyi we scraped this project about a week or two ago when we learned that the 2.0 had its own api, wheres before we had to make our own and now theres just no point continuing to make our own module for our own api now that v2.0 is out :D

Would you mind if I took a look at the code?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tom

Did you ever finish this? I really would like to use your module. The one linked above mine is just so expensive. Reuins the point of proxmox being free and opensource. I dont mind paying a one time charge or a low monthly but that guy is asking for $9 a month. a bit steep.

• 2 months later...