verify content format of licenst text file - license addon

durangod

i got the license addon and i have the license key and also the local key working correctly, im using a flat file for the local key, it is encrypted as you know.

If i am going to get contents of a file and use those contents i am concerned about security. Meaning i would like to check the contents of that flat file to make sure it is genuine.

I know this is a stretch, but i am concerned that the flat file could get corrupted by some sneaky ass hacker and i would not be checking a valid local key file.

So i thought i could do this by making a mirror image of the file and doing a compare before i get contents. Or i could somehow validate the contents before get contents function.

Maybe i could count characters in the string, put contents, then compare the number of characters before the next get contents. This would at least allow me to know that i am probably pulling exactly what i posted before.

Maybe there is a new php function that verifies that the content in a string is encoded.

Im not sure which way is best or if honestly this is overkill, i tend sometimes to try to relieve every possible situation but i know it may not be possible entirely. It might be overkill especially since the we are also dealing with a license key validation.

Any suggestions for doing this, mirror image? char count? something else?

Basically do you feel its a good idea to compare the txt file and validate that it is genuine?

Thanks.