new ticket from outside whmcs

NoDoze

I want to create a php form to submit a new ticket on my website, not from within whmcs.

API? Hook? I can create the form to submit the data directly into the whmcs database but it doesn't send an email notification, or allow admin replies.

Help? Ideas? Examples? Search didn't pull up anything in the forums or google.

Thanks!

Yea I looked at both of those....

The api i wasn't sure was the correct method to go about it because it would require an admin username, password, and api key for authentication...? Sounded like something for admin use only. Then my test resulted in authorization errors.

So then I tried just an email form. But then it only took email, subject, and and message post info. Wanted to include priority and other fields.

I guess if the api is the best option Ill keep working at it....

Thanks!

Ok, I got the API to work!

I originally removed:

$postfields["username"] = $username;

$postfields["password"] = md5($password);

because I thought it was for existing registered users who were creating new tickets. But since this was to be used for unregistered users, I removed it. I realized now this is for the api authorization!

However, the api doesn't send email confirmation/notification to the persons....? Is this normal? Or am I missing something...?

If the api doesn't send emails, then I may want to just send a form email. But then, again, as I stated above, this would not include priority and other fields.

Any work around?

Thanks!