Namecheap API setup problem

deefer

Hi,

I am using namecheap sandbox for testing.

I have setup namecheap in setup/products/domian registrars

However when a test client places an order and I look in clients info / domains the drop down box with registrars names in is not set to namecheap. How do I set namecheap as the default for this?

Also, if I then manually select namecheap the options to register/renew appear.

If I click register, then look at namecheap reports I see the domain, but amount charged is 0 and status is "x"

Is this normal?

And finally, although this appeared in namecheap reports, I then get a timeout error instead of returning to WHMCS

Any ideas ?

Thanks

• 8 months later...

I'm having a similar issue. I'm using the live version of Namecheap, not sandbox. When I accept an order, and select Namecheap as the registrar (which I shouldn't have to do, because Namecheap should already be the default), and the order is sent to Namecheap, they return an error saying there are insufficient funds in my account.

There are more than enough funds in my account to cover the order, so I don't know why they're returning that error. If I go to the customer's profile and click register from there, it goes through fine. No idea what could be causing this, and Namecheap has been no help!