Pay As You Go Hosting

oscardog

You could quite easily add this

The setup you put into place can then process your requirements

A

The customer can add credit to their account, as balances are due it is deducted

B

The customer selects the smaller frequency and pays as each invoice is created

If the customer does not make payment then the account remains suspended

You would also need to apply quite a long period to termination, auto-termination would not be relevant

My .02 is that m8internet's "A" solution would be the way to go.

That's pretty much how every other PAYG service I am aware of works, you preload your account and the balance is reduced as you use it

When your balance falls to £0.00 then you are presented with a notice that you need to top up

That is probably the part missing, however the suspension notice created by WHMCS should be enough

Equally, this could easily be customised

• 3 months later...

This is something I'm currently considering but not 100% sure how to configure it.

I have a server that's charged to based purely on variables - namely bandwidth, disk space, CPU usage, and memory.

I can't specify two of those in WHMCS so I'm going to have to rely on a charging model that simply uses disk and bandwidth. I had also considered a set-up fee for things like sql databases, email addresses, etc - because there's no recurring fees for me.

I understand I could bill purely using overage charges, but how are they calculated? Daily? Monthly? Purely based on the maximum value during the month?