A bunch of questions...

djspark

Question

I've done my best to search through the forums to make sure I'm not bringing up things that have already been answered. With that being said, if I do repeat something obvious just point me in the right direction.

1. Paypal Pro - I've seen a few posts, mostly old ones asking about paypal pro integration. Is this in the works, scheduled, on the back burner, etc?

2. Support System - No offense to WHMCS, I have been using Kayako Support Suite for a few years and am very happy with it. Some other billing solutions allow for their internal support system to be disabled, and others even allow some sort of integration between kayako and the billing solution. I would be more than satisified with being able to just disable the internal support system in whmcs. I do not see this option in the demo... Is this coming soon?

3. Integration ability - I've noticed some template editing allowed, etc... However can I create my own order process and submit the needed information to WHMCS myself? And bypass the order page templates (or some of them). Also is it possible to create my own custom entries for order forms in the system, and/or use more than one order form at a time (from what I see in the admin you have to choose a default).

4. Development updates - Is there currently, or possible for the future a changelog site that tracks cvs developments of the product? Is this product actively being developed on a daily bassis?

5. API / Source - Is there partial source or a documented API for this product? Also is there plans to allow for a Zend encoded version rather than ioncube?

6. Help Needed? - Are you looking for developers to contribute to this product? I'm almost to the point where I'm going to develop my own billing solution since I can't find one that suits all my needs, and would much rather contribute to an existing one.

ok, I think that's everything, thanks in advance for your prompt response.

Mark

4 answers to this question

2. Support System - No offense to WHMCS, I have been using Kayako Support Suite for a few years and am very happy with it. Some other billing solutions allow for their internal support system to be disabled, and others even allow some sort of integration between kayako and the billing solution. I would be more than satisified with being able to just disable the internal support system in whmcs. I do not see this option in the demo... Is this coming soon?

I also use Kayako for my support, what I do is just edit the template in the client area which leads over to eSupport. That easy!

From,

Adam

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

In answer to your questions:

1. PayPal Pro - not exactly a priority at the moment as there aren't many users interested in having it implemented but it will be implemented at some point

2. No option currently to disable the support system - however, you don't need to disable it - you can just change the links in the template files to link to your other system

3. You could create your own order process if you like. However, we won't be able to offer any support or help with doing that.

4. Changes are made daily to the system - new features added, updates and fixes made as they are reported but documenting each individual change would just take far too long - there are no daily updates available to customers on what's been changed

5. API/Source - this is something that is being worked on. More and more of the system will be gradually becoming unencoded and the first step towards this is the completely new templating system and improved system structure coming in V2.5.

6. At the moment, we are not currently looking for any more developers to help contribute with the product.

Thanks,

Matt

Thank you very much Matt for takign time to respond to my questions. The one last question that I didn't see an answer to is about if WHMCS will ever offer a Zend encoded version instad or Ioncube.

If there were some sort of api/sdk for payment modules I'd be more than willing to write a free paypal pro wrapper and donate it to the project. This is the one thing I'm unable to find in the market now.

Regards,

Mark

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

No problem, at the moment we aren't planning to offer a Zend Version of the script. Is it for reasons of better performance that you would want this? From my experience, the speed difference is barely noticeable in most cases.

We have documentation on making standard payment modules available at http://www.whmcs.com/documentation/entry/10/27/, However, I don't think PayPal Pro can be implemented in this way having briefly looked into the possiblity of adding it before. Please email support@whmcs.com so we can discuss getting something done for this.

Regards,

Matt